Is Asafa's body breaking down?

Does anyone think that his body is breaking down now after all the strain hes put it through? I heard he injured his groin and he injured it in 05 as well didn’t he? I’m sure he can go a lot faster but does anyone think his body is weakening? I’m nto sure it could just be coincidence, as you’re bound to pick up a few injuries in your career.

powell is gonna be ok give him time.

Yesterday they said it was a groin injury but in some papers today they are saying it is a ham injury.

We all need to see, Gay and Assafa head to head, but with both running at their peaks. What a pisser if we miss the chance.

Anyone have an opinion on the Grand Prix series?? What has Gay committed to so far? If he’s still not committed as Asafa is, he holds tremendous bargaining power and can render the overall GP winnings secondary.
He would hold all the cards and could come in whenever he wants against Asafa, while Asafa might be tired from doing all the races. Never a good position to be in.

Could it be the case that he raced too much too soon in his career (e.g., last season)? Someone with good stats could provide some figures perhaps for him and previous athletes and what happened the following years.

If his target was the double indeed in Osaka, why making such commitments this season (both the double and GL series) and with no big title under his belt yet? Sanya Richards asked for a change in the programme, too, for the 200 and 400 m, before securing either and one is gone. More pressure to both of them to commit perhaps?

It can go wrong so easily… Will Powell pull out if he keeps winning with 10.00 and Gay decides to jump in later on? Not a good position to be in, as Charlie says. We’ll have to wait and see. Exciting for us either way! :slight_smile:

It’s about as exciting as Gatlin vs Powell right now. Hopefully the excitement will become reality sometime soon (this season).

Do you believe this will happen, mortac8? They said something about London (here we go again), but I wouldn’t hold my breath…

I don’t know all the politics of it. It would be nice if they could just both aim for worlds and not worry about anything else.

I don’t think it was anywhere near as exciting as Justin Gatlin vs Asafa Powell. That match up, had history behind it. With Justin Gatlin being Olympic Champion/ World Champion and Asafa Powell World Record Holder. Plus Justin Gatlin had that star quality, about him. This match up won’t be as highly anticipated or a bigger event.

the fact that both gay and powell are both running and presumably going to race each other makes it a much more compelling matchup than a non existent one.