Ian's Training

Although I am in football, I am going to post what I do during the season. Basically I plan on working on rotator strength and really back strength in general. As well I plan to get much stronger with gymnastics movements, working out a couple times a week. I do not mind loosing some of the mass I have gained, as I have had nothing but joint, shin, and achilles pain from it. In the off season I plan to take two weeks off, doing just flexability and doing low instensity things to help heal my joints. I will also be in a extended GPP phase doing mostly tempo and lots of GPP bodyweight things(push ups, pull ups, squats, dips, lots of abs, etc…w/e I can thing of) to loose bodyfat and get into shape. As for weight training I am thinking of employing a Westside like day, but rather than using ME moves, perform assistance ones and potentially max out on unload weeks, power meet style, 3 attempts per lift, no deadlift however. I feel no need to do any RFD in the weight room as I think it will take away valuable CNS energy that can be focused on the track and with plyo’s so that force application can be the focus. As far as for now, here is what my schedule will look like.
Day 1
Practice
Lower bodyweights

Day 2
Practice
Gymnastics

Day 3
Practice

Day 4
Prep for Game
Back work

Day 5
Game

Day 6
Gymnastics/Lat Work

Day 7
Off

off Season GPP
Day 1
GPP Circuits
Weighted Movements(ie dips, pull ups, gymnastic movements)
Abs

Day 2
Tempo
Upper body lifts(ie thing for triceps, shoulder, and back)
Abs

Day 3
Lighter Tempo
Abs

Day 4
GPP Circuits
Weighted Movements
Abs

Day 5
Tempo
Lower Body Lifts(Deadlift Variations, things for hamstrings)
Abs

Day 6-off or tempo

Day 7 off

Acc. Dev. Phase
Day 1
Speed-(Sprints up to 30m)
Weighted Movements
Abs

Day 2
Tempo
Upper Body Lifts
Abs

Day 3
GPP Work
Abs

Day 4
SE(runs up to 120m)
Weighted Movements
Abs

Day 5
Tempo
Lower Body Lifts
Abs

Day 6-Tempo or Warm Up

Day 7 Off

Max V dev
Day 1
Speed-(Long acc. up to 60m)
Weighted movements
Abs

Day 2
Tempo
Upper Body lifts
Abs

Day 3
GPP
Abs

Day 4
SE(runs up to 150m)
Weighted Movements
Abs

Day 5
Tempo
Lower Body Lifts
Abs

Day 6 Tempo or Off

Day 7 Off

And If I devide to…Comp Schedule
Day 1
Speed-Long Acc(up to 60m)
Lower Body lift
Abs

Day 2
Tempo
Abs

Day 3
SE
Abs

Day 4
Tempo
Heavy Bench Press

Day 5
Off

Day 6-RACE!!

Day 7 off

Well that is just a general layout, will get more specific later into planning, what are the forums thoughts?

Just looking at your Acc/MaxV phases:-

Why the SE for football? Two (short) speed sessions allow better spread & volume of distances specific to your sport…?

its post season, and id like to see where i could get to in time for spring track…as far as running the 100

Hit a frogstand for 30 sec, going to go see an ortho this weekend hopefully.

Apologies…thought you were focusing purely on football. Will be interested to see how ideas from:

http://charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?t=6729

…work with your sprint program.

Good luck with it!

today was nice, no football. the scrimmage sucked, im happy we won though, we dominated a team that killed us last year. i am just trying to hang in there for the rest of the season.
I did a lot of frog stands and pull ups variations. I think I just love to workout, I enjoy it.Plan to make the diet spotless once the seasons over.

having trouble “waking up”. must be neural fatigue, im sleeping 10 hours straight and still feeling like this. havnt been doing much, just resting, watching football. will start inseason training monday, been doing a kind of shoulder warm up with light weights every morning, seems to help, shoulder has been painless. i am pretty much going to stick with the bodyweight things for strength through the season, and “assistance” work to build up my hamstrings. i want to run outdoor track, possibly go to some combines to get my personal numbers, send them to the coach of the school i am going to.