I want Fat!!

I was hoping I could get some ideas on where to get good fat sources…

I need to make up approx 650 cals from fat …
Where do I get them from?

I take …
4 Fish oil caps a day
1 Flax cap a day
1 Cod Liver oil a day

Each of those is roughly 1 gram of fat each (aren’t they?) so thats approx. 6 X 9 = 54 cals ??? is that all?

Where will the rest come from?

Where does anyone else get their fat intake from?

Flax Oil
Fish Oil (Clemson is a big fan of Sears’ oil)
Olive Oil
Sunflower Oil
Avocado
Olives
Fresh Fish
Canned Fish (Salmon, Mackerel, Sardines)

Don’t forget that there’s naturally-occuring fat in many whole foods, e.g Oatmeal 7-8g per 100g

A bottle of flax oil - 1 tablespoon = 130 calories. Costs about 10$ US for 32 servings. Half of it is omega-3 fatty acids.

Tastes awful, be warned. I reccomend putting it in the freezer and taking it like a shot of cheap liquor, which is to say quickly.

I put olive oil and some vinegar on salads, this also helps.

I do eat Berardi style, so I get a good amount of fat from P + F meals.

Thanks Ally/Marshall,
I’ve never tried the real Flax oil, only caps, but might have to …

peanut butters a good way to get some veg oils

International athletes should get the Sears Labs oil…then get coconut oil from WFN…then get olive oil from a good company.

Can you give me a few ideas of the general reccomneded fat intake throughout the day Clemson?

The article supplement tree will be up today and is a four part series…I would like to write articles for cf.com if Charlie and rupert would like the information…I feel that I should since my actions last year were plain stupid and I still am a jerk…

Thanks - I’ll check it out.

But won’t this be all in the Manuals?

Timing and partitioning of supplmentation is one area I certaintly have an interest in.