How would one use Charlie Francis System for Football

I mean what is it about like a weight training program running program? or what?

Yes. All of the above. It is a holistic program including track work, weights, plyos, tempo, flexibility, medicine ball work, etc.

I have been trying to make a connection between tempo runs and speed workouts but to me there just seems like one won’t be in shape for pre-season. If all you do is speed workouts with full recovery and tempo runs for recovery…I don’t see how you can be in shape for practice…Maybe Im missing something…some strength and conditioning coaches have added speed workouts with minimal recovery in order to mimic the conditions of practice or even the game wouldn’t this negatively effect the speed training.

speed training with short rest is no more speed training.

I also felt that Tempo running along with speed training isnt enough conditioning to get me in shape for football. But I got a S&C coach to get me in shape so Ill be fine.

Conditioning and speed are to different things. Trying to mix them is speed endurance, (a different attribute).

Tempo and speed segregated should work. Tempo doesn’t feel like it helps much because you are not running yourself into the ground. However it does improve condictioning. It has worked for soccer players (who have a greater condictioning requirement than football (USA) players).

Besides, if your coaches are going to run you into the ground with drilsl anyway, why not work the attributes (such as speed) that you won’t be able to directly improve inseason.

These are great points. Football is one of the sports(I guess no sport is immune)where the coaches like to hammer people into the ground. I position coached for five years(d. ends, o-line) and did the conditioning for three years and there were always coaches who felt we never did enough running(in season)after practice though the head coach had a great deal of running within the practice itself, sometimes-so a large volume of work in addition would have just further crushed the players.
I did to get some short speed work in after warm-ups on Mon and Wed with “close” to full recoveries. (of course much resistance on the longer rest periods). On the days we did any additional sprint work after practice, they would get 30-35 seconds between the pro-shuttles or short 10-15 yard sprints to replicate rest intervals between plays(sometimes up to 40 seconds).
In the pre-season I do see a need for some short recovery sprint work maybe once a week to bridge the gap between pure speed work and game conditioning requirements. However, if coaches run practice on a tight schedule, there is often no need for additional running since they might have run quite bit within drills, etc. On these days maybe only a cooldown jog or some easy tempo like repeats with much static stretching at the end of practice.

Also important to monitor the players(the hard workers, ones you can trust) to see if they are beat down during practice. The observant coach can then scrap any previously planned running at the end of practice or at least adjust the volume.

Speed endurance is always something that i attributed towards sprinting and had nothing to do with sports because the distance was so far, was I wrong for doing so?

full recovery speed/agility/plyo’s days and tempo runs/ low intense sled drags is enough GPP to get in shape for the conditioning aspect of practice…I have been around American football since I was in 3rd grade and this goes against everything that has ever been taught to me…it just doesn’t seem right my conditioning test is 90 yard shuttle (30-30-30) x 16 reps with 45 secs of rest in between…I have to report to camp Aug. 13th and I haven’t been running because my hamstring strain I am getting ART done now and my chiro said ill be good to go by 2 weeks so I need to get in shape for camp as quickly as possible and for the first time I am not going to do any half recovery speed work, to see if it really works out…