How to train GPP during winter time?

How does one do hills in the winter time in a place that has tons of ice and snow? Is there any indoor alternatives athletes can do for that training?

Reason I ask is because I’m in Utah and most track meets are during the summer (or at least the one I’m aiming for). Problem is though is that it doesn’t stop snowing here until March at the earliest.

There is an indoor track in the area, you just can’t wear spikes on it. So SPP can be done ok.

Any advice on how to do GPP in snowy areas?

Asked and posted, Comancho. Sleds are a good solution in this sort-of situation.

But, there would be no indoor or covered area to pull a sled. What would you do then?

The track will not let you pull a sled around on there track, much less wear spikes.

A flat sled bottom does nothing to a track.

If you couldn’t do sleds or hills, then you don’t do sleds or hills. It may not be ideal, but certainly manageable.

I know, but the track managers probably wouldn’t understand that. Its also a rubber track with same material made from outdoor tracks (but they don’t allow spikes either). Either way, I only have a tire sled to pull.

Guess I could manage to find a hill that was salted.

I’m hoping there is a better alternative. Any other ideas?

I’m sure you can find a hill at least once a week or so. Does UT have more snow than northern PA?

It really doesn’t matter THAT much. There are tons of successful programs that use no hills or sleds. They are a useful feature, depending on how you organize things, but not absolutely necessary.

So what would go on in GPP then without hills?

Mortac8, probably a lot more snow. When I say snow, I mean its on the ground ALL the time between Nov/Dec all the way to March/April. Its snows all the time, it stays there, and snows more.

Just do a bunch of 10s, 20s, pushup starts, etc.

Jumps and medball throws/accels

Any acceleration drills. 10s, 20s, 30s from various positions along with medball work.