How to train Glicolitic System (production/toleration) without working HARD!?

This thing crossed my mind, so I wanted to post it here.
Suppose you have injured athlete who cannot run or work hard due injury. Yet you want to maintain his SE (special endurance) — suppose he is 400-800m runner, soccer player or whatever.
What about jogging, or striding with HOLDING BREATH? This way the intensity would be low, and not over-stress the injury, yet bLA would build up along with cellular bLA…
I wonder would jogging and doing low intensity work with holding breath cause recruitment of FT (after some time) and actually maintain SE qualities?
Your thoughts?

I’ve seen some MMA fighters do conditioning wearing a snorkel and clipping their nose shut.

Yes, thats true. I wonder are the adaptations and thus training effects simmilar/same when working hard (above LT — I hate tyhis term) and when working easy with breath holding? Any research on this?

Not sure, it’s not something that I really looked into. Someone else might have some info.

I’ve seen some stuff on it recently somewhere but just can’t remember off the top of my head…

Lot’s of research on hypoxic training such as restricting blood flow using a blood pressure cuff. It’s a massive craze in Japan especially and the science suggests it works.

Do a hard quality med ball workout. Strap on a HR monitor and within 10min watch as the HR gets close to maxing out. If not a lot sooner - depending on warm up status and fitness level.

Try looking at research on aquatic mammals to see the effects of breath holding on anaerobic metabolism.

What about pool sessions with an aqua belt? You float in a diving pool and run in the water as hard as you can for a period with short recoveries. We used to do it with school kids in short intensive athletic seasons as they couldn’t handle developing the ability on track. It was a way of minimising shin splints.

I have seen good results with hypoxic here in Aus.