How to incorporate gpp medball when training for bball

Hi, I was wondering how would you incorporate the medball throws for off-season conditioning for bball?

For example, if you’re also doing a strength training program 3-4x a week, would you do it during the days in between the wt workouts when you do conditioning? Thank you.

Whats ur def of conditioning?

Maintaining or improving fitness for basketball. I mean, would these be a good tool to improve strength/power/endurance as a basketball player? For instance, instead of doing suicides or conditioning strides (65-75% runs), can you add medball training or does cf designed it for sprinters specifically? Thank you.

You could incorporate the explosive MB throws (overhead backwards, forwards ect…) on the strength days and the higher rep ab and rotation work on your running conditioning days. Also, for variety you could do a complete conditioning work out doing various easy continuous full body rep work. However, I would be leery of doing a lot if any throws that are very similar to your specific throws that you use in basketball game, especially in GPP.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of using the high-rep work to improve overall conditioning and strength. Man, CF uses really high-reps to hit the core. I dont think I can survive the medball series. I’ll try to build up to it gradually.

The high-intensity throws could be a good alternative to my jump/speed/power days. Thanks again!

Dr.

Something you might want to try…if you are not already familiar with them, is using Dick Hartzels jump stretch bands to strengthen your ankles. Since the problem of ankle sprain issues are high not always due to poor mechanics but coming down on other players feet. Dick has material for strengthening them before the season to help prevent in season ankle problems. Anyway it couldn’t hurt to look into it and give it a try. Good luck and let us know how the training is going.