How much money does a proffessional sprinter make in a year?

Yes indeed. Lewis was a real trailblazer there. You had to be tough to get what you were worth in those days, because the pay was under the table for so long.

That’s a very interesting argument you present. Charlie what r ur thoughts on the white dude theme. Is it possible for a white guy to run sub 10. This guy would have to be a promoters dream?

Sprinting needs a Rocky, what do i mean by this, a white guy running sub 10, and challanging the others.

I think, it might inspire white kids, to take up sprinting.

But you don’t play sprinting. I fat white kid, is not going to have fun.

I think it would be good for the sport, because it adds flavour.

It is VERY possible. Shirvington should have gone under 10, but seems to have missed the boat due to injurys, bad luck, poor coaching etc.

It takes a certain genetic makeup, combined with good coaching, and then combined with a certain amount of luck to produce a sub-10 performance. Given, the certain genetic makeup required is more common among men of west-african decent, and this adds to chances of producing a sub-10 performance. Such a genetic makeup is less common among caucasians, but is certainly possible. It just takes time.

People tend to get so caught up with the magical 10 second barrier, that they forget that it is still only a number.