How did I get here?

How did you arrive here at CharlieFrancis.com

Trying to find any books written by CF. When I noticed CFTS through OZtrack ironically enough, I ordered the book and then typed in CF through the search engine to see if there was any other material. That’s when I discovered the website!

In 2002 I believe it was… I was having an online conversation with one of my friends who was trying to make the Jamacian Team about sprint training and he sent me various links and cf.com happened to be one of them. And here I am 3 years later with almost 2,000 posts with a head full of ideas aside from my education much of what I learned on here over the years.

I first started to frequent the message boards over at atoboldon.com(still a member) and mogreene.com and alot of the people on there referred this site. Finally signed up and I am so glad that I found this site. Every day I learn something new from this forum someway or another.

When I first got into sprinting, before I knew who Ben Johnson even was, I searched for Michael Johnson and eventually found Ben Johnson. Searched Ben Johnson and got here. Thanks MJ.

that dude above me…the davan guy…yeah, he ruined my life reffering me here and answering some of my initial childish questions

damn you davan:p

I found a link on another message board.

Kind of like Davan, I had never heard of Ben Johnson when I was watching a track meet and one of the announcers said something like “That was a Ben Johsnson start right there.” I was like, “Who the hell is Ben Johnson?” So I typed his name in the search engine and one thing led to another and now I’m here.

Last summer I became interested in becoming a better sprinter. I found a bunch of bodybuilding website but nothing sprint specific. Then there was a link on one of those sites for this site and I came here and haven’t left.

geeesh its been so long, i can barely remember. i think i was reading cf’s articles on t mag then googled his name to see if there was anything else on the web he had written and blam there i was on the old old red letter forum…it was red wasnt it?

nm4d

My old shitty coach said charlie had a sight and I came here to read the forums cause I was always interested in knowing what we where doing. Ironically it started my journey to leave my old coach cause he was horrible but im better off now and more educated:D

Search Engine.

I actually bought the paperback of CFTS, the Australia version.

I don’t know when but it was pretty early on I think.

My local council library has a copy of speed trap which I read 5-6 years ago. The the UK magazine Athletics Weekly had a small article saying CF had set up a website.

I found it from the old T-mag articles.

I got back into track-Coaching-and thought I would do a search on CF. I found this site through a search engine two to three months before the forum was operational. Back than, I checked back every week until finally, the forum was created. To bad for my Athletes, it was after the dang season was over.

I’ve been a fan of CF’s work ever since the U.S. Commentators at the 84 OLY Games kept talking about him and saying that his athletes were well coached. And also after hearing his bold statements about how Ben was going to be the Man in the 100M and would even pass Carl Lewis in the next few years.