How come my lower body is getting more toned and stronger?

Ever since my ankle injury I have stopped sprinting, and only do some short sprints and tempo occasionally. I have started to focus more on my upper body, started doing upper body exercises alot, like pushups and all its variations (i do them the most), pullups, bicep and tricep work etc. Therefore my upper body is becoming more toned and stronger as expected but for some reason my quadriceps and calves are getting more toned and stronger as well. How is this happening when I dont do any specificly lower body exercises or workouts, cept probably the short spints i do sometimes?

Your only young so your proberly still maturing, and growing.

So exercise, will help you grow and mature all the more.

Any strength movements encourage overall body growth, not just the specific muscle you are working.

Your only young so your proberly still maturing, and growing.

So exercise, will help you grow and mature all the more.

Ok, wasnt even think about that, lol.

Any strength movements encourage overall body growth, not just the specific muscle you are working

Ohh, thats why the opposite happened last year, I was focusing on my lower body alot and my upper body got positive effects.

Probably because you’re not burning a ton of excessive calories through your sprint work but you’re still doing just enough to provide a little bit of stimulation and that combned with your nutrition is stimulating some growth.

Probably because you’re not burning a ton of excessive calories through your sprint work but you’re still doing just enough to provide a little bit of stimulation and that combned with your nutrition is stimulating some growth.

Thanks alot, knowledge is power.

Its obvious, your calves and thighs will get some exercise with the running.