-chest and outer posterior chain have minor soreness

mon may 16

weigh in -> 146

team jav stuff

40,80,120 blocks

jump rope
strength checks

notes:
-forgot to do llrr hops after the running. wasnt planning on doing many, ill just do them on my premeet day on wednesday since its a low enough volume that i can use it as the end of the extensive warm up i do on premeet days (planning on only doing 1 or 2x30m relaxed of 'em)
-concentrating on a solid core, good posture and relaxation in my runs today. sometimes i get stride rate problems when i get more upright, but hip height was much better and backside mechanics much more limited

tues may 17

rt drill
microstretching

wed may 18

500m grass tempo
hurdle drills
2’ abs circuit (half reps)

thurs may 19

120,90,60m blocks
2x30m llrr hops

3x3 1/4 squat@315
3x3 bench@175/180
3x3 each human flag

fri may 20

team mile jog

sat may 21

jav -> 106,98,114ft
microstretching
100m -> 12.1h

notes:
-today was suppose to just be jav so itd be an offday but my coach decided last minute i had to. i was still sore and burnt from thursdays workout and literally had no warm up, so no surprise my time sucked. i tried relaxing which made the 100m feel like far less effort, but i cant tell whether that was because the relaxing was good or if it was because i was almost a second off my PB time
-still had the forard lean even while relaxing i may have to consciously get my self upright before just running

sun may 22

hurdle drills
500m grass tempo
2’ abs (half reps)
rt drill

notes:
-no soreness today, so though i was unhappy with my 100 because i think no one had anything to gain by me running a crappy 100 when i really needed recovery, i dont think overall it was too damaging since it was so slow and my only HI work at all that day

mon may 23

weigh in -> 146

rt drill
microstretch
self-massage

tues may 24

(premeet)
team mile
2 4x1 exchanges
3 blast outs (5,10,20m)
1 fly (touched top speed)

notes:
-felt a little sluggish today, probably a result of not doing much work the last couple days, it being humid and that my HI running followed the mile jog which is awfully far for me :confused:
-running the 100 (two heats) and anchoring the 4x1 tomorrow. my goal for both is to keep to my stomping the ground cue and not to rush my race so i can get my hips in a good position

wed may 25

100m -> 11.80,11.78
4x100m anchor

jump rope
3x3 bench@165,175,185
100 medball throws@15/16

notes:
-big headwind today, times were very slow. i beat a 11.5x kid by a good amount and didnt lose to a 11.3x kid by much, so i probably had pretty fast races for me. form broke down in the second round and in the first round hip height was poor. not great starts in either but had a nasty start that was called back from a false start from another kid
-abs were kinda sore today for some reason

thurs may 26

rt drill
self-massage
microstretching

notes:
-a little pectoral and oblique soreness today

fri may 27

(premeet)
4x1 handoffs
3 blast outs
2 flys

sat may 28

100m -> 11.63,11.56
4x100m anchor

school dance

notes:
-finally able to hold form through a race. breakdown only in last ten meters first round and none the second round. now i just need to apply more force which in effect generally also increases my frequency and if i keep my form ill see a huge pr
-got fourth in central mass which qualified me for the state championship. i’ll be seeded very near the bottom but itll be fun just to be there, and i think after another light week and finally being able to run my own race i can see a big pr still. i can tell its my SE thats holding me back because the 11 flat kids do not pull away from me until past 50m
-i pr’d and didnt have a good start in either round
-had a good 4x1 leg, i moved up two spots (from 6th in my heat to 4th), kept upright and felt smooth

sun may 29

rt drill
self-massage
microstretching

notes:
-outer glute soreness. not sure whether that’s from dancing or the racing yesterday
-hammys feel pretty fried. makes sense because since i finally got upright my hammys were probably more active than they usually are while running

mon may 30

weigh in -> 144

cf bike workout warm up (except with jogging on grass replacing the bike and a flip at the end)

tues may 31

80,40,30 blocks

jump rope
3x3 bench@175,180,185
1 each human flag

notes:
-taped the runs today. stride rate got very slow once i got upright. in my 30 i kept the stride rate well

wed june 1

5x100m grass tempo
hurdle drills
2’ abs circuit (half reps)

notes:
-pectoral and gluteal soreness today. man, i didn’t realize how little could make a good workout
-talked to the head coach of the track team for the college i’m attending next year. they are d1 so i need to get my time down, but i guess i appear to have enough potential that i will receive the team summer workouts starting late june and am on the tryout roster for the fall

thurs june 2

15’ tennis

notes:
-hit bottom of left knee with racquet, kind of hurts to bend it now. nothing major though, should be gone by saturday

fri june 3

10,20,30 blocks
fly
self-massage
microstretching

rt drill

notes:
-big meet tomorrow! again, no time related goal, but I really want to key in on keeping my stride rate high even while upright i have a tendency to let it drop off and to overstride instead of keeping it tight