High School 100m Training

tues may 24

(premeet)
team mile
2 4x1 exchanges
3 blast outs (5,10,20m)
1 fly (touched top speed)

notes:
-felt a little sluggish today, probably a result of not doing much work the last couple days, it being humid and that my HI running followed the mile jog which is awfully far for me :confused:
-running the 100 (two heats) and anchoring the 4x1 tomorrow. my goal for both is to keep to my stomping the ground cue and not to rush my race so i can get my hips in a good position

wed may 25

100m -> 11.80,11.78
4x100m anchor

jump rope
3x3 bench@165,175,185
100 medball throws@15/16

notes:
-big headwind today, times were very slow. i beat a 11.5x kid by a good amount and didnt lose to a 11.3x kid by much, so i probably had pretty fast races for me. form broke down in the second round and in the first round hip height was poor. not great starts in either but had a nasty start that was called back from a false start from another kid
-abs were kinda sore today for some reason

thurs may 26

rt drill
self-massage
microstretching

notes:
-a little pectoral and oblique soreness today

fri may 27

(premeet)
4x1 handoffs
3 blast outs
2 flys

sat may 28

100m -> 11.63,11.56
4x100m anchor

school dance

notes:
-finally able to hold form through a race. breakdown only in last ten meters first round and none the second round. now i just need to apply more force which in effect generally also increases my frequency and if i keep my form ill see a huge pr
-got fourth in central mass which qualified me for the state championship. i’ll be seeded very near the bottom but itll be fun just to be there, and i think after another light week and finally being able to run my own race i can see a big pr still. i can tell its my SE thats holding me back because the 11 flat kids do not pull away from me until past 50m
-i pr’d and didnt have a good start in either round
-had a good 4x1 leg, i moved up two spots (from 6th in my heat to 4th), kept upright and felt smooth

sun may 29

rt drill
self-massage
microstretching

notes:
-outer glute soreness. not sure whether that’s from dancing or the racing yesterday
-hammys feel pretty fried. makes sense because since i finally got upright my hammys were probably more active than they usually are while running

mon may 30

weigh in -> 144

cf bike workout warm up (except with jogging on grass replacing the bike and a flip at the end)

tues may 31

80,40,30 blocks

jump rope
3x3 bench@175,180,185
1 each human flag

notes:
-taped the runs today. stride rate got very slow once i got upright. in my 30 i kept the stride rate well

wed june 1

5x100m grass tempo
hurdle drills
2’ abs circuit (half reps)

notes:
-pectoral and gluteal soreness today. man, i didn’t realize how little could make a good workout
-talked to the head coach of the track team for the college i’m attending next year. they are d1 so i need to get my time down, but i guess i appear to have enough potential that i will receive the team summer workouts starting late june and am on the tryout roster for the fall

thurs june 2

15’ tennis

notes:
-hit bottom of left knee with racquet, kind of hurts to bend it now. nothing major though, should be gone by saturday

fri june 3

10,20,30 blocks
fly
self-massage
microstretching

rt drill

notes:
-big meet tomorrow! again, no time related goal, but I really want to key in on keeping my stride rate high even while upright i have a tendency to let it drop off and to overstride instead of keeping it tight

sat june 4

100m -> 11.85

notes:
-yuck, pretty bad race all around, the field i was against was faster than usual and i guess that tightened me up. I need to work on running my own race

mon june 5

jump rope
-5x5 bench@165
3x8 pull-ups
-3x3 each human flag
3x5 ab rollout
-1x10 upper body circuit

notes:
-totally roasted

sun june 12

jump rope
-5x5 bench@150
3x3 each human flag
-3x8 pull-ups
3x5 ab rollouts
-2x10 upper body circuit
-1x15 core circuit

notes:
-i used 2’ rest intervals between sets and slightly longer between different supersets
-totally burned again today, my weightroom work capacity is no where where it used to be. ironically, my musculature hasnt taken the hit i assumed lifting less would do to it. wisdom tooth comes out tomorrow so ill be out for a week
-multivit, creatine and arginine before workout, weightgainer shake after and zma before bed
-minor soreness in my legs posterior chain. probably a sign that some of my muscle there is beginning to go away. im not too worrie though, i think my legs need the rest
-running at the baystates games on june 24. just for fun. i’ll count it as a HI day

mon june 13

weigh in -> 149

notes:
-wisdom tooth pulled today. doc said no physical activity for a week. maybe i’ll do some stretching and self-massage during the off time

tues june 14

self-massage (l.knee, l.heel)

sun june 19

weigh in -> 146

jog
microstretching
self-massage (l.heel, l. knee, l. hip)

notes:
-formal exercise can begin tomorrow again

mon june 20

1000m grass tempo
hurdle drills
2’ abs circuit

golf driving range

notes:
-made it through the ab circuit easiest i ever have. also i did a vertical just for kicks yesterday and it was as high if not even higher than it ever has been
-first HI day in a while tomorrow. i plan to do 3 starts, 3 transition runs and 3 flys. just mechanics work and i have a race friday. i dont plan to start formal sprint training until like two weeks from now

tues june 21

3 3pt starts
3 transition runs
3 flys

jump rope
2x10 snatch@95
5x5 bench@155/165
3x3 human flag
2x6 squat@225
100 medball throws@15/16

notes:
-tried being quick while running today and it actually felt terrific and looked pretty good too. during flys i just tried to keep the hips high and to stride fast and from the video it actually looks very good because my stride length wasnt compromised at all but my stride rate
-abs and some parts of my back sore today
-hammys feel pretty roasted

wed june 22

rt drill
self-massage
microstretching

notes:
-pretty widespread soreness today