High School 100m Training

mon 5/9

1000m grass tempo
4x1 handoffs
some jav throws
hurdle drills
2’ abs

notes:
-meet tomorrow, last league duel-meet, after that its all big, championship meets that will be measuring wind and using FAT times. i’ve stopped doing time goals, and am gonna set a performance goal. really zone in on stomping cue and get and stay fully upright through the end of the 100

Rather than set a performance goal I wonder if setting the goal to repeat your performance from what you do day in and day out. This is how I was taught. All you want is to repeat and not do anything special.
Good luck. Sounds like you are excited to compete.

thanks for the comment angela! i like your idea on goal setting and will probably use a similar mindset as i set goals for my championship meets (there are three, maybe 4 of them). i treated these not as big duel meets as my HI days though, so i also try to work on my technique during them

tues may 10

100m -> 11.8h
4x100 anchor -. 12.3h split
3x3 bench@165
3x10 chin ups
200 medball throws@12
1x80m blocks

notes:
-headwind in both races today. the kid in the lane next to me crashed into me in the first 10m or so, not sure how much this affected my time, but we did get tangled up a bit. in the relay i get the baton at the very beginning of the zone, so i believe i actually run 110m. i actually pulled away from a kid who was keeping with me in the last 10m because i just picked up my stride rate and it seemed to work
-no sleepiness/weakness before my race today. i just tried not to get too nervous and didnt take any supplements before my races

wed may 11

rt drill
self-massage
microstretching

notes:
-some hamstring and lower back/oblique soreness

thurs may 12

hurdle drills
500m grass tempo
2’ abs 1/2 reps

fri may 13

premeet (a couple blast outs, submax fly, 4x1 handoffs)

hot tub

notes:
-district meet tomorrow. first camera timed meet of the year. i want to get upright for the top speed portion of my race (i have a bad habit of leaning forward and having my hips go anterior on me) and finish strong (i’ve figured out the best way for me to accomplish this is to concentrate on purely stride rate for the last 10-20m)

sat may 14

100m -> 11.60,11.61
4x100m anchor

jump rope
3x3 bench@165,170,175
3x3 each human flag
100 medball throws@15/16

notes:
-some soreness in a ligament or something in my left armpit, not sure what it is
-good starts in both my 100s, but terrible top speed sections, and managed to move up on the crowd during the last 10m or so. i think i may be rushing top speed which is resulting in me never getting my hips high. i have a HI day planned for monday and a league meet whre there’ll be trials and finals again so i can use the trials to really zone in on technique and see what happens
-bench press in the gym felt very light today for some reason
-when i got home i just collapsed on the coach, today was really a burner. hammys were fried by the end of today, too

sun may 15

hurdle drills
500m grass tempo
2’ abs, half reps

notes:
-armpit ligament still sore, but not painful
-chest and outer posterior chain have minor soreness

mon may 16

weigh in -> 146

team jav stuff

40,80,120 blocks

jump rope
strength checks

notes:
-forgot to do llrr hops after the running. wasnt planning on doing many, ill just do them on my premeet day on wednesday since its a low enough volume that i can use it as the end of the extensive warm up i do on premeet days (planning on only doing 1 or 2x30m relaxed of 'em)
-concentrating on a solid core, good posture and relaxation in my runs today. sometimes i get stride rate problems when i get more upright, but hip height was much better and backside mechanics much more limited

tues may 17

rt drill
microstretching

wed may 18

500m grass tempo
hurdle drills
2’ abs circuit (half reps)

thurs may 19

120,90,60m blocks
2x30m llrr hops

3x3 1/4 squat@315
3x3 bench@175/180
3x3 each human flag

fri may 20

team mile jog

sat may 21

jav -> 106,98,114ft
microstretching
100m -> 12.1h

notes:
-today was suppose to just be jav so itd be an offday but my coach decided last minute i had to. i was still sore and burnt from thursdays workout and literally had no warm up, so no surprise my time sucked. i tried relaxing which made the 100m feel like far less effort, but i cant tell whether that was because the relaxing was good or if it was because i was almost a second off my PB time
-still had the forard lean even while relaxing i may have to consciously get my self upright before just running

sun may 22

hurdle drills
500m grass tempo
2’ abs (half reps)
rt drill

notes:
-no soreness today, so though i was unhappy with my 100 because i think no one had anything to gain by me running a crappy 100 when i really needed recovery, i dont think overall it was too damaging since it was so slow and my only HI work at all that day

mon may 23

weigh in -> 146

rt drill
microstretch
self-massage

tues may 24

(premeet)
team mile
2 4x1 exchanges
3 blast outs (5,10,20m)
1 fly (touched top speed)

notes:
-felt a little sluggish today, probably a result of not doing much work the last couple days, it being humid and that my HI running followed the mile jog which is awfully far for me :confused:
-running the 100 (two heats) and anchoring the 4x1 tomorrow. my goal for both is to keep to my stomping the ground cue and not to rush my race so i can get my hips in a good position

wed may 25

100m -> 11.80,11.78
4x100m anchor

jump rope
3x3 bench@165,175,185
100 medball throws@15/16

notes:
-big headwind today, times were very slow. i beat a 11.5x kid by a good amount and didnt lose to a 11.3x kid by much, so i probably had pretty fast races for me. form broke down in the second round and in the first round hip height was poor. not great starts in either but had a nasty start that was called back from a false start from another kid
-abs were kinda sore today for some reason

thurs may 26

rt drill
self-massage
microstretching

notes:
-a little pectoral and oblique soreness today