Help

hey, I am a 24year old scottish international 400 m Hurdler, i have recently lost my hurdles coach as he is heading back to canada! i am going to self coach my hurdles i wondered if anyone could give me some tips/session advice as i have only been 400 hurdling a year after moving from the 110s. if you can that would be fab you can leave a post or e-mail me.

Thanks

Francis

Post a video of you doing some runs over hurdles using both lead legs - set it up so we have 4 or six steps between so we can see both, or have two clips.

i dont have a video like that for the 400 hurdles i do have some for 110s. i can do thi sto in the next week or so. i do have videos of me running the full 400m H from last year and one from this year. Last season i ran 52.14. this year i have ran 51.52 back in may and then had an inj.

Post what you can

I am from Canada - who was your coach?

a guy called Darcy Cumming, he was the national sprints and hurdles coach for scottish athletics, before that he was head coach at bath university.

Too bad you lost your coach,
Self coachig isnt optimal, listening to your body, is something i have ignored in the past, something a coach could warn me for.
Whats yor 400 flat timing? seems you run about the same as i do. To bad I dont live in ireland.
PM me if you have questions.

Too bad you lost your coach,
Self coachig isnt optimal, listening to your body, is something i have ignored in the past, something a coach could warn me for.
Whats yor 400 flat timing? seems you run about the same as i do. To bad I dont live in scotland.
PM me if you have questions.

i cant get the clips to post on this, what i can do is e-mail them.

my flat times are 100, 10.80s 200, 21.4 hand and 21.40(e) 300, 32.9 (h) 400, 48.68 only ran 3 in my life! 110m Hurdles 14.13s and 400 H 51.51

feel free to email the clip to me at coach_luc@hotmail.com

Hurdling can make a huge difference in 400mh hurdles - attacking the hurdles liek a sprint hurdle - can take up 1 - 2 seconds off your time