Heel and ankle tendon injury.

I have injured the heel of my left foot. It has been playing up for 6 weaks. Up till one weak ago, even walking could spark it off. I can’t do any plyo’s at the moment and scared to even run. This is a reall shame for me, because in all other areas I’m getting in the best shape of my life.
I went to hospital and they strapped it up for me, but I’ve got to take strap off in a few days. They recomended physiotherapy for my heel and ankle tendon ( the one that is slightly in front of outside ankle.)
There is a waiting list though, and it takes them ages before they get round to doing the physio. Probably will start in 2 or 3 weaks.:frowning:

Is there anything I can do in the meantime to speed up the recovery? I'll do what ever it takes.

All the chemists could tell me was to put Neurofen heat gel on it several times a day to decrease the inflamation, so that it may heel quicker. :(

I had the very same injury last year. In my case it ended up being a case of slight stress fracture and ligaments inflammation (MRI) but was also told that other individuals with same sympthoms may have a subluxation of the calcaneus tendon. I ended up taking 4 months off because of trying to run on it.

Go to a physio and pray for it to heal. Don’t run, don’t jump, you can do upper body weights meanwhile to stimulate the CNS.

Ok Thanks faivala. I’ll just rest it more. I’m also thinking of doing very light isometric work for the foot, as I’ve reached the point where I can just begin that kind of work. I stood on a step yesterday, with my heel hanging over the edge.
It’s the first time I’ve been able to even do that. I held the position for about 30 seconds and it was fine, but I was really gentle and was hanging on to railings just in case.

Cheers.