Hammies

Hey runners. I started sprinting about 2 years ago for 1/4 mile. 1st year was cool…getting fast. Then 2nd year got plagued with some injuries…right glute and right hammy always getting tight.

I’ve been injury free for the past 2 months and did some 200/300 sprints last nite. Towards the end, my left hammy got tight. BTW, to re-hab from my previous right hammy thing, I did a lot of adductor work due to muscle imbalances. It was a bit cold outside (50F). Can cold weather contribute to tightness as well?

I’m thinking that cold weather can contribute to tightness. It probably constricts blood vessels, reducing blood supply to muscles. Also, in order to keep the body warmer, the muscle tone would be raised is my guess(shivering and involuntary contractions of the muscles in order to keep the body temperature up)

My guess is if you warm up adequately, and stay warm between sprints, you’ll be fine. Anybody else have any insight?

Obviously see a therapist but it couldbe neural impingement especially if its uni lateral eg. sciatica