Hammies and IT band sorness

I have a female sprinter (short, muscular build) who last season possibly hyperext her hamstring and IT band near back of knee. She comes back this season right out of BB season and has tight hammies and soreness in the band area again. I think the hammie issue might be tied to imbalance between hammy and quads. She is putting the icy hot type gel on at night and wrapping it. I will have her incorporate more excercises for quads bor balance and maybe use a foam roller 3 times a week.

Any feedback or questions I should be asking or considering?

I would look at hip alignment. That can cause many issues. Tyen massage till better before doing any speed work, tempo n mediball should be ok in the mean time

This could be any number of issues above and below the knee. In my experience it is usually CAUSED by issues at the hip or the ankle which you should aim to fix and then treat the overloaded area which sounds like the popliteus based on your description. I know it is difficult but if this is a reoccurring issue you will need to find a good therapist to help you. Above and beyond that you should also inspect your programme to check you are not making any mistakes in terms of planning etc - for example progressing volume or intensity too quickly.

sorry it took a while to repond. Very busy week.
Our outside season just began so its nothing that occured this year. She does play hoops in the fall but thats it.
She first started with hamstring issues last year. the team trainer said she may have hyperextended the area while doing hamstring curls last season. We rested her a week or two at it seemed to get better for the rest of season. She seemed to re-aggravate the are when running outside offseason in a hilly residential area.

Sonic

Not trying to be wise -ass, but trying to learn:

How did she hyperextend her hamstring doing leg curls? Is the trainer certain of this diagnosis?
Also, why leg curls? One leg/two leg, seated or standing?

Thanks