Gyms in Toronto?

I am going to Toronto for a seminar next week. Where can I find a good gym (where I can squat & clean, etc). I assume York’s outdoor track is a place I could sprint?

I’ll be staying at One Blue Jays Way downtown. Any suggestions?

What kind of seminar, if can i ask?

ART spine course.
Now someone please give me some gym info:)

York U’s indoor facility has weights. You can use the squat rack that Ben used. Also, the weightlifting platform is okay. The bars are not great, but they have some bumper plates.

If you saw the 10 Day Taper Video that we made, you can see where we lifted. Same facility.

Do you know the availability of York? Can I just show up, pay, and walk in?

Ive used york countless times for meets, but dont train there. Though I did use the indoor weights facility once. The outdoor track is a very fast track.

Yes, just pay 5 bucks but closed Sunday

The only caveat with York is its location, if you aren’t driving…find something a little closer to downtown. Some hotels offer weight rooms and pools, this may be something to consider.

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

Diesel Fitness is near your location, its on the road called Spadina, i think there is one opposite this also. If not there, there is a Balleys Fitness in the Eaton Centre which is the shopping mall nearest to your location. It would take you about an hour via public transport to get to York from downtown.

An hour if you’re lucky, consider it a worthwhile adventure getting to York. It is very impressive and you will see alot of familiar faces there. I don’t think Diesel offers drop in/per use but I’m not sure.

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com