Gym got bumpers...but..

Anyway The oly platform and bumpers arrived today at my gym (North Shore Gym)!

Kinda bitter sweet. Pretty cheap and crappy setup - see attached pic. No bar so I had to use crpapy gym bar!
But it is a cheap gym…anyway it seems I can’t even drop the weights unless I make a miss…BOO!

A bit slippery too, sorta uneven, I was losing my balance :frowning:

It’s also right in the middle of the gym…right in front of everyone…ugh

They are Australian Barbell Company bumpers - they work ok, for any Aussies thinking of getting some. Only a pair of each unfortunately, but I’m not that strong so I guess it doesn’t matter for a while.

colin,
you are picky picky picky!!!
lol.
i cant wait tilll my gym moves to their new location and gets this stuff! right now i am doing my cleans and snatch in back or the sqat rack with people doing concentration curls 2 feet behind me.

Guess I was expecting more…

anyway I’ll only be using it for heavy cleans/snatches and pulls

Everything else will still be done with metal plates - ie stuff from the hang, and jerks from the rack

arghh plus I can’t think in kilograms :mrt:

Originally posted by QUIKAZHELL

i cant wait tilll my gym moves to their new location and gets this stuff! right now i am doing my cleans and snatch in back or the sqat rack with people doing concentration curls 2 feet behind me.

Don;t you love it when you need a squat rack and there are incredibly brilliant people choosing to not utilize one of the 20 OTHER places they coudl do curls and instead use a squat rack???:shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot:

Come on guys - those arm curls are pretty hard and dangerous to do :smiley:

The commerical gym I train at had the good olympic stuff moved and bought new rubber weights. All the the weights are black. Means you have to think about what you put on.

DMA - are you allowed to it drop from a jerk overhead?

Oh well. In addition to it’s old elieko plates and bars, my gym is about to get 2 more sets … ho hum.

Originally posted by Dazed
Oh well. In addition to it’s old elieko plates and bars, my gym is about to get 2 more sets … ho hum.

which gym is that? :slight_smile:

Cool I do what ever I want. The problem is that it is in the aerobic room. Not a problem for aethestic just dropping weights. Also can’t use the weights when they have yoga and relaxation sessions on. Apparently it isn’t very relaxing when somebody is cleaning pulling 150kg, dropping the weight and resetting every rep :smiley:

Rubber makes such a big difference though - no matter what they are.

colin,
you are picky picky picky!!!
lol.

Trying to do perfomr cleans in a crowded weight room is not the safest thing… I was perform cleans and I went to reset to get my last one in, as the weight was down someone moved one of those portable benchs just over the edge of the bar. I went to clean the weight and bench came with it, I thought my shoulder on that side was done. I couldnt lift for a few weeks…

your right Nose, but for now i have no choice…:borg:

your right Nose, but for now i have no choice…:borg:

Oh I agree we have no choice on where we really can lift…

i dont know if that was a sarcastic comment… but anyway… i am home from college now and the gym i belong to (the only gym near me that is decent) has no place to do cleans or snatch. So i have no choice (no other space)but to do it where i am doing it. Unless i carry the bar and weights into the aerobic area. And that wouldnt work very well because the floor is wood.

A friend’s home gym…

Outside :slight_smile:

After looking at that photo of home gym…

I wonder if I get a house in St.Pete and take the garage and living room and …

Not Bad

One of the gyms I coach at has a policy of no deadlifting or olympic lifting from the floor or outside of the safety rack…

Originally posted by CoolColJ

[quote]Originally posted by Dazed

which gym is that? :slight_smile: [/quote]

The one at Narrabeen I told you about. The one thats 20mins away from you but is too far for you to be bothered.

How much did the set cost the gym?

Originally posted by Dazed
How much did the set cost the gym?

I don’t know to tell you the truth

Is that gym at Narrabeen open to the public? SOmehow I don’t think it is…
If how much does it cost etc, who do I speak to?