growing pains? (pain in chest)

Hello, I trained for the 1500m when I was in high school. But I was better at the 3000m. I don’t understand what is happening to my heart lately. After getting the results of a Holter monitor I wore for 24 hours for my heart, the results showed the palpitations I had after a hard effort were benign. And I insisted sometimes if I was stressed out or something, I had pain right in my heart. I was told it was nothing since the Holter did not reveal anything significant over a 24 hour period. After months of jogging, I’m preparing myself for speedwork by doing some short sprints. Today I did 2x100m with both 100m in 15.7 seconds and I did 2x60m with both around 9.2 seconds. I didn’t notice any palpitations today. I jogged 8 minutes cool down, did some stretching and noticed I went to take off the lock on my bicycle, I had a pain in my chest but only for maybe 2 to 3 seconds.

If runners develop large hearts as a result of training, could that be a growing pain? Have any of you experienced that?

NOTE: I wore the Holter after I got a Polar heart rate monitor, tried a 100m then saw my heart rate at 220. The results of the Holter showed that there were two episodes that lasted 30 and 40 seconds. That was after a hard effort like right after running at over 190 beats per minute and stopping rather quickly.

BTW, I did wake up a little hungry this morning. And I woke up without sleeping a whole 8 hours because I did feel hungry enough to wake me up. I thought I ate enough yesterday though in the last 6 hours of the day I ate only a small lunch.

See a doctor. A 220 heart rate is way too high, in my opinion. I’m not a doctor, but go see one.

Yes, see a doctor. I’ve never heard of a heart getting larger b/c of training(stronger perhaps), but I have heard of a heart getting larger b/c of heart disease. Not saying that is what you have, but am saying that it’s definitely worth going to see a doctor about it.