Great Phytochemical Product

For those of you who are fans of The Color Code , I highly recommend the freeze dried berry blend sold by Wilderness Family Naturals. (They also sell great coconut oil and other products. Clemson turned me on to them a few years ago.)

http://www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com/mall/freeze_dried_berries.asp

It’s a powder blend of equal parts blueberry, blackberry, boysenberry, raspberry, strawberry, cranberry, and tart cherries. It’s a phytochemical superload and tastes really good.

Garden of Life makes a similar product called Fruits of Life, but it’s more expensive, doesn’t have as good a spectrum of berries (in my opinion) and tastes a little funky due to the enzyme blend they include (which also comprises a good part of the product weight, reducing the amount of fruits you get for the price).

This is a great product for sure. I am also sure you will be a fan of Frost as well. Same ingredients with a few more positive additions.

Frost ingredients:
Grape Seed Extract 95%, Bilberry Powder, Blueberry Powder, Cranberry Powder, Prune Powder, Raspberry Seed Powder, Resveratrol. Quercetin, Tart Cherry Powder], Ascorbic Acid, Natural Vitamin E Acetate, B-Pro matrix [Thiamin Hcl, Ribovflavin, Niacinamide, Pyrodoxine Hcl, Folic Acid].

I have a question about the resveratrol in FROST. I know it’s found primarily in dark grape skins, especially pinot noir grapes. However, most of the researchers who have studied it state that it oxidizes very quickly when exposed to air, rendering most resveratrol extracts worthless. Even wines have to be bottled and gas flushed a certain way to maintain the resveratrol.

http://sdmmedia.com/askbillsardi/resv.pdf

And yes, I do plan on trying FROST, even if there are problems with the resveratrol.

The product in Frost is about as shelf stable as it can get. The resveratrol is a natural extraction of berries. The material is tested to insure a minimum standard of ORAC capacity and formulation is adjusted slightly as needed to maintain the standards of the label. For instance each serving may contain 275mg or 260mg of our blend to ensure the correct values.

when will FROST be available?

i just received my 1/2# of the berry blend, and I am wondering what a good serving size is and how many times per day would be good for an athlete ~150 lbs training 4-5 days a week

I usually use about 3 tablespoons a day mixed into protein drinks.