GPP

can anyone post their GPP, including lifts, runs, length, rest in between runs/sets, etc…

and also, if you feel you should have incorporated something that you didn’t, post that as well. thanks

This is actually right along what I was coming on here to post for as well. I am in the process of writing our training for the summer (pretty good hs athletes) and am trying to set up a good base for when schoo starts again in late august early sept.

Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Get back to bodyweight work for a few weeks…this is far more effective then people think.

clemson,
as for getting back into shape, what kind of runs do you suggest? i’m talking as a football player, so i guess its the same as speaking as a 100m sprinter.

Clemson,
Would you do this with a track athlete who doesn’t really need to get back into shape, just took a few weeks off for the recovery block? Would these weeks be followed by accumulation phase weights?

espn3 personally i use the gpp phase to really strengthen any weaknesses that i may have. i remember you said you had some shoulder injuries. i’d prioritize any rehab work in my work outs. get all the weak links.

Following Clemson’s and Pete’s train of thought, wouldn’t some bodyweight work be done year round?

Originally posted by t-bone
espn3 personally i use the gpp phase to really strengthen any weaknesses that i may have. i remember you said you had some shoulder injuries. i’d prioritize any rehab work in my work outs. get all the weak links.

good call t-bone, will do.