Got ZMA

just got zma…is it good for me? and what will it help me with? i’m a highschool sprinter: 5’10, 156 lbs 100m and 200m sprints…

:help:

There is a good thread on it on the older forum. Will help you sleep better at night, therefore recovering.:slight_smile:

i would agree, i have been on it for 4 months in a row, and dont plan to cycle off. if the pocket book is willing, then i would recommend staying on, if you need to pick your spots, start in oct and run till spring has sprung and natural T levels will kick up.

I have been taking ZMA for probably over a year straight. It is awesome stuff! Top 5 in my supplement rankings!

Here is the link to the old thread:

http://www.charliefrancis.com/board/philboard_read.asp?id=208

http://www.charliefrancis.com/board/philboard_read.asp?id=13

As was noted on those threads high-schoolers like you and me are testosterone machines right now and it may not be necessary to supplement with ZMA, especially since the weather is getting warmer.

pete

this is true and false. true that you guys are churning out the T like crazy and that side of the product may not help you much BUT the zinc, mag and B6 may. even though they may not increase T levels, these are all very important components of athletic performance. if you are using a GOOD multi vit/min you probably wont benefit, but if you arent, ZMA may help you out.

Thanks nightmare. I am personally using Usana now and taking some just before bed a while after the last meal so I think that should be sufficient for me. I cannot speak for Kweli though so maybe mine was not a wise comment.

For those interested I have it set up that you can call SNAC Systems directly and order the 90 capsules of the original ZMA for 14.95 plus shipping by calling

800-697-2086

Mention my name- Tom Green

and they will give you the discount.

This is a special discount I thought the group would appreciate.

If anyone has any questions please contact me at greent1@hotmail.com

Yes this stuff works. Tom isnt that the same price you pay for zma at vitamin world without shipping?

Yes Tim,

I just checked the Vitamin World website:

www.vitaminworld.com

As I stated earlier- you are much better off purchasing the Original SNAC ZMA

Yes, the vitamin world formulation is the same.

ZMA™ ZMA™ is a unique, university-tested, patent-pending anabolic mineral support formula containing highly bioavailable forms of Zinc and Magnesium as Zinc L-Monomethionine (L-OptiZinc® - U.S. Patents 4,764,633 and 5,278,329) and covalently-bound Zinc/Magnesium Aspartate. The ZMA™ formulation is further enhanced with Vitamin B-6 which acts as a cofactor to an enzyme required for aspartate metabolism. Zinc plays a key role in the anabolic synthesis of testosterone. Magnesium is an essential component of the muscle enzyme creatine kinase and is a vital factor in energy production and muscle contractions.* *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Directions: For men, take three (3) capsules daily, and for women, take two (2) capsules daily, preferably on an empty stomach 30-60 minutes before bedtime. For best results, avoid taking with dairy or other calcium-containing foods or supplements. ZMA™ is a trademark of SNAC System, Inc. L-OptiZinc® is a trademark of InterHealth N.I. Supplement Facts Serving Size 3 capsules (men), 2 capsules (women) Servings Per Container 60 (men), 90 (women) per 3 capsules (men)per 2 capsules (women) %Daily %Daily Amount Value Amount Value Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 10.5mg 525% 7 mg 350% Magnesium (as Zinc/Magnesium Aspartate)450mg 113% 300mg 75% Zinc 30 mg 200% 20 mg 133% (as Zinc L-Monomethionine and Zinc/Magnesium Aspartate) Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate.

I have not taken a look the the encapsulation of the Vitamin World ZMA- this would be an issue.

If the shipping charge is that much of an issue by all means goto Vitamin World and purchase the product and pay your local sales tax (which should quite close to the shipping charges if ordering directly)

My big issue is that SNAC Systems, ZMA, and Victor Conte directly support the sport by sponsorship of athletes.

They give back to the sport.

Does ZMA supplementation make you more acne prone?

Not through my encounters. I have not noticed any side effects such as this in my athletes or myself.
If worried, use a salicylic acid based wash, (my feminine post for the decade)!!!

Be careful with ZMA. It has been found to produce a 24/7 hard on in some susceptible users :smiley:

did anyone find out if it needed or should to be cycled?

Charlie has indicated previously that ZMA probably doesn’t need to be cycled.

I went off ZMA for about a month by accident…PMS (Pre-mature senility)…anyhow, I noticed my sleep patterns changed when I was off…that is they shortened and were not as restful…I went back on and INSTANTLY I slept better and longer…I only use 4 caps each night. Definitely good stuff. As for the 24/7 Woodrow…is that unusual???

4 caps?

You find the additional capsules of benefit?

BO

what brand do you use? i have been using bio test but am going to try ISS sometime in the near future.

i normally take 1 or 2 capsules, should i be taking 3?