Go recovery drink

Is the go recovery drink the same one as a few years ago that came in the juice box like containers. I know my high school coach, joe newton sponsored them back in the day. I’m just wondering if it’s the same company still because they seem to have taken a whole new look if it since I was in high school a few years ago.

Most likely…years ago they were in small boxes, from black ones with no logo and some 1980s running symbol to green boxes to now prism boxes.

Clemson: is this product any good as a pre or post workout drink? They are fairly cheap near me (<$1.00) and dont taste half bad either.

P

petti, where do u live and where do they have the Go! drinks for <$1?

i was gonna ask the exact same question. petti are you taking orders…lol.

What’s in the drink?

Nutrition Facts - Chocolate
Serving size 1 container (330ml)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 330
Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4g 7%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Cholesterol 21mg 7%
Sodium 294mg 13%
Potassium 546mg 16%
Total Carbohydrate 56g 20%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Sugars 36g
Protein 20g 40%

Vitamin A 35%
Vitamin C 35%
Calcium 63%
Iron 7%
Vitamin D 35%
Vitamin E 35%
Vitamin K 25%
Thiamin 25%
Riboflavin 35%
Niacin 35%
Vitamin B6 35%
Vitamin B12 35%
Folic Acid 35%
Biotin 35%
Pantothenic Acid 35%
Phosphorus 63%
Iodine 20%
Magnesium 30%
Zinc 35%
Selenium 30%
Manganese 30%
Chromium 30%
Molybdenum 30%

Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Ingredients: Lowfat Milk, Deionized Water, Milk Protein Concentrate, Sucrose, Maltodextrin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cocoa Powder, Lactase Enzyme (to break down Lactose), Carrageenan, Lecithin. Minerals: Calcium Phosphate, Sodium Phosphate, Magnesium Phosphate, Manganese Sulfate, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Zinc Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Iodide. Vitamins: Sodium Ascorbate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Niacinamide, Biotin, Folic Acid, B12, D3, a-Tocopherol Acetate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin K.

Well i don’t think it’s all that great. I mean look at the ingredients. Not very high quality recovery drink. It’d be much better to have isolate whey, absolutetly no fat, and maltodextrin/glucose. Something like Biotest Surge or similar product. Surge is expensive so i make my own recovery drink consisting of 40g of CFM whey isolate, 50g of maltodextrins and 5g of creatine (creapure) for a fraction of a cost.

I think the reason GO! is so popular is because its portable and it tastes good. You’re right that its not the optimal post-workout drink, but people have had good results with it and its portability makes it a great option.

I live in toronto and about a month ago the grocery store under my office (atrium on bay, bay and dundas) started selling the GO! drinks and bars for .99 tax included which is cheaper than a can of coke.

P

what store?

yes, what’s the store name? Is this the store name; atrium on bay, bay and dundas? Are the drinks expired? I will be making a trip to TO soon, that’s much cheaper than what they sell it for on their website.

Not a good recovery drink??? Where’s Clemson… In the archives there’s research posted that Surge can cause a 1000% increase in insulin levels, hardly what anyone wants unless they want to turn into a fat lard-ass(use product carefully).

http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?t=711&highlight=surge
http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?t=1386&highlight=surge

[QUOTE=prophet]Not a good recovery drink??? Where’s Clemson… In the archives there’s research posted that Surge can cause a 1000% increase in insulin levels, hardly what anyone wants unless they want to turn into a fat lard-ass(use product carefully).

i didn’t say it wasn’t good…i said it wasn’t optimal. and you’re right, surge isn’t always right for every recovery situation (i.e. tempo), but i think it is good after an intense weight training session.

The question is does the recovery drink denature over time or heat? Most tracks don’t have a smoothie bar! And if it the facility does then will they use a optimal drink?

If you have an issue with $$$ I’m pretty sure if you try you can make a ‘cocktail’ (plagarism - I know Clemson :smiley: ) that has similar properties with basic ingredients.

It may not be as good depending on the ingredients - but you can try.

I will now make a very bold statement …

Providing the basic design of the drink is sound and accurate to your needs and the ingredients used are good and fresh - it may be even better than GO!

The store is the “kitchen table”. It is in the basement level of the atrium on bay which is 595 Bay street (downtown on the north east corner of bay and dundas)

P

Um… that’s not exactly how it works. I do it all the time and i have a BF of 6-7%. However, if it’s like that for every meal, you will get fat. It just works differently with post workout drink. After workouts (lifting weights i guess) Your muscles are primed to take in a load amount of glucose rapidly but just how much, i’m not certain. I don’t take more than 50g of maltodextrin, maybe less depending on how long and how intense the workouts are. The main purpose for this is to recover quickly. Some people might not respond to it that well. I guess that’s where r-ala comes in to help with glucose disposal. I’m not 100% sold on r-ala but it couldn’t hurt to try. I think it might work better for those who get fat easily. I know CT took r-ala and he swears by it. Look at his body and he admitted that he has the worst genetics for getting lean, that it’s very easy for him to get “chubby” so who knows?