Go Blue

You know your stuff speed coach, you know your stuff…“2 or 3 turnover game they are going to lose” :cool:

I will take balance any day over one star player. WR play was poor, RB played best game and it was poor. State is better in every facet of the game besides DRob running. Cousins is a much better passer. I said all year, make DRob throw over the top. Take the underneath away and dare him to hit long passes. He showed he can hit short to intermediate routes well, but all year has not been inaccurate in the long pass game. When I saw State crowding the WR early, I knew they had right game plan. Tha being said, State will likely poop the bed before the season is over. They always seem to. Great win, a little disappointed in how many U of M fans disrespected their own team and players. Sucks for the kid’s.

1- that functional training doesnt work for lineman or I should say power sports (see stats up above).
2-My 2 year old niece could run for 100 yards against that porous pathetic defense. 3-3-5 defense? Get Real!
3-D-Rob is a sprinter prentending to play qb.
HE CANT THROW! I repeat, HE CANT THROW!
4-Pioneer, and I had some great conversations on the good and bad about mich & and msu. I respect him cause he was truthful and he knew mich needed more power.
Now I get to hear all around the state that WE’RE STILL REBUILDING from all the TOOLS that have never even seen campus or much less been or talked to someone who went or played for mich.
Whats funny is I have some friends and aquaintances who I can have a intelligent converation about the game who actually went there!

Question for the football experts.

How do you defend Cam Newton?

I am thinking you do it similar to how Texas did Martinez, by focusing on keeping him from running it for 100+ yards and making his arm beat you. Newton throws about as good as Pryor, so he is an average passer. Auburn WR are good, not great.

Auburn hasn’t played a good defense yet. If they played a good defensive line, he would struggle. … At least more than he is right now.

He’s a heck of a player and auburn is a pretty darn good team with malzahn as their o-coordinator.

Miss State held them in check pretty well (17 points) and Miss State has an above average D.

South Carolina defense is pretty solid as well, though they did get exploited. He plays a solid defense this week when they play LSU. Arky defense is terrible. Without Newton they would be horrible. Miss State got outbid for Newton’s services sadly.

Make him beat you with his arm. Make him work for every yard like Iowa did with U of M. Hit him 20+ times per game. Force him to throw long ball. Make him beat you with his arm, everyone knows he can with his legs.

I agree 100%. Totally go after the run. He’ll hit some throws but it is unlikely he will be accurate enough the whim. Guarantee Peterson picks him.

I would like to see teams do like Monte Kiffin did against Tebow - use double eagle front on obvious run downs and run zone coverage almost exclusively so all defenders are facing the los.

after the past 2 weeks, we have seen how to beat explosive spread offenses. MSU and Iowa slowed down DRob and Texas stuffed Nebraska and Martinez. I think DRob, Martinez, and Newton are exceptional athletes who are better runners than they are passers. Letting them play to their strength is suicide. You either get eaten alive by big plays or you die a slow death by long drives. I would always take the run away then crowd the WR and dare them to beat me over the top. All of the above are great short range passers, but they are much less accurate throwing 20+ yds downfield. Sure they will hit the occasional big shot, but so far they all seem to be less than consistent in the long ball game.

I didn’t get to watch those games. What did Texas run on defense to stop Martinez? I guarantee Muschamp took away the run as his main objective, since he is a Saban disciple. Muschamp’s defenses at Auburn were the only ones that ever had any success against Tebow before Bama last year.

Like my man said, make those guys beat you with there arm. Notice the nfl isnt drooling over these guys for the qb position. They maybe looking at them for the wr, kr, rb, basically speed position.

Iowa almost never gets beat by the spread. Their defensive coordinator Norm Parker is the best in the country. They are usually out recruited … like 40th last year… but have won 10 games and 11 games the last 2 years. Several 10 win seasons since 2002. Credit that to strength coach Doyle and Ferentz’ staff. They do an incredible job!

btw, im a cyclone not a hawk!

is a stud. The guy gets the most out of his players. I have nothing but respect for the Hawkeyes. They are going to be a tough game for MSU to try to win. MSU better fire on all cylinders that day or they will get it given to them.Love seeing the Big Ten doing pretty well nationally.

bump- my cyclones beat the longhorns today! awesome!

That was a nice win by Iowa state. Your right also about doyle and ferentz, they do get the best out of there guys, But now my spartys gotta get ready for Iowa. Its gonna be a tough game like speedcoach says, but if we win this game we have a good chance to get a great bowl game bid!

is going to have toplay much better than they have for the past 2 games if they are going to beat Iowa. They have come out flat both games and had to claw their way back. For a team with such a lackluster past, they are doing something special this year. I hope they don’t blow it because they could really run the table, but it ain’t gonna happen if they spot Iowa 17. They need to play hungry like they did against U of M.

sucked. MSU and U of M both stunk. MSU got throttled and U of M sucked too. Now , lets see the Lions lose so we can complete the tri-fecta. Crappy football weekend in Michigan

Big ups to Iowa. They basically beat the shiggidity out us! We did not come to play at all. Also shout out to Iowa’s staff. I heard that the wide out coach is 1 of the best in the country also. I guess he left when Rich Rod came in.

Well, MSU still on track to tie for Big ten title. They just need to take care of business. U of M is in total meltdown mode. I hope I am wrong, but it is getting ugly in AA. Lions, what a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately, blacked out so we couldn’t enjoy it.

I dont think your wrong. I have a kid on the track team and he was talking about going out for the football team but he quote on quote HATES THE ATMOSPHERE at the football complex. He’s a good kid so it didnt really suprise me that he does. He told me he kinda wants to wait til they get a NEW COACH IN THERE plus he’s seen the workouts they do (aka S&C) and he refuses to do them. I told him he may be out of luck because I think they just signed to play a bunch of good teams on the road (dont quote me though).