Go Blue

Nope, in all truthfullness I think I said 6. But your right, only time will tell.

5-0… D-Rob beast.

He is a beast. Playing his butt off. You gotta admit, their defense is terrible. I am looking forward to a great game next week. Will be interesting to see that outcome. Very impressive win for MSU as well.

They will beat MSU.

Ok now your drinking while on the computer. I’ll admit it wont be a blowout but WE will beat mich.

on how MSU plays. If MSU plays like they did against Wisconsin, it’s going to be a tough game for U of M. Michigan scores points quick, but their defense can’t stop anyone. If State plays ball control, they can sit DRob on bench for long stretches. They have much better run game than Indiana. More balance with good pass game. Michigan has best player in Big Ten, but I suspect if they have a 2 or 3 turnover game, they are going to lose. Their entire O is Robinson. No RB’s, decent WR’s. I look forward to competitive game and may the best team win.

What happened? So sure of your call. That’s what happens when a better team plays one really good athlete. You played college ball, you should know better. Hopefully they both run the table the rest of the way. You were so cocky you deserve some shiiite. The fans should be ashamed. They should have stuck it out til the end to respect those kids.

Michigan D was physically dominated - 43 carries, 261 yards, 6.1 yards per carry for MSU. Wow. If Denard learns how to throw the football he will be even nastier, but the rest of the team is god-awful.

Good win for msu, I’m happy that we got a big win (3-2).

Congrats. I was really pissed at how those fans just left with 5 mins left. All happy til the first sign of adversity. Such prima donna BS. These a holes are on forums around here saying the burned their #16 jersey. That is pathetic. I love Texas and they have lost 2 , and likely 3 in a row. I don’t hate on em. Michigan will be fine when RR gets some D. Fire GRob. Not impressed. Their D got it handed to em today. If not for DRob, they would have got pounded by 30. Michigan fans need to give the kid a break.

D-Rob who!?!?! GO GREEN! :cool:

You know your stuff speed coach, you know your stuff…“2 or 3 turnover game they are going to lose” :cool:

I will take balance any day over one star player. WR play was poor, RB played best game and it was poor. State is better in every facet of the game besides DRob running. Cousins is a much better passer. I said all year, make DRob throw over the top. Take the underneath away and dare him to hit long passes. He showed he can hit short to intermediate routes well, but all year has not been inaccurate in the long pass game. When I saw State crowding the WR early, I knew they had right game plan. Tha being said, State will likely poop the bed before the season is over. They always seem to. Great win, a little disappointed in how many U of M fans disrespected their own team and players. Sucks for the kid’s.

1- that functional training doesnt work for lineman or I should say power sports (see stats up above).
2-My 2 year old niece could run for 100 yards against that porous pathetic defense. 3-3-5 defense? Get Real!
3-D-Rob is a sprinter prentending to play qb.
HE CANT THROW! I repeat, HE CANT THROW!
4-Pioneer, and I had some great conversations on the good and bad about mich & and msu. I respect him cause he was truthful and he knew mich needed more power.
Now I get to hear all around the state that WE’RE STILL REBUILDING from all the TOOLS that have never even seen campus or much less been or talked to someone who went or played for mich.
Whats funny is I have some friends and aquaintances who I can have a intelligent converation about the game who actually went there!

Question for the football experts.

How do you defend Cam Newton?

I am thinking you do it similar to how Texas did Martinez, by focusing on keeping him from running it for 100+ yards and making his arm beat you. Newton throws about as good as Pryor, so he is an average passer. Auburn WR are good, not great.

Auburn hasn’t played a good defense yet. If they played a good defensive line, he would struggle. … At least more than he is right now.

He’s a heck of a player and auburn is a pretty darn good team with malzahn as their o-coordinator.

Miss State held them in check pretty well (17 points) and Miss State has an above average D.

South Carolina defense is pretty solid as well, though they did get exploited. He plays a solid defense this week when they play LSU. Arky defense is terrible. Without Newton they would be horrible. Miss State got outbid for Newton’s services sadly.

Make him beat you with his arm. Make him work for every yard like Iowa did with U of M. Hit him 20+ times per game. Force him to throw long ball. Make him beat you with his arm, everyone knows he can with his legs.

I agree 100%. Totally go after the run. He’ll hit some throws but it is unlikely he will be accurate enough the whim. Guarantee Peterson picks him.

I would like to see teams do like Monte Kiffin did against Tebow - use double eagle front on obvious run downs and run zone coverage almost exclusively so all defenders are facing the los.

after the past 2 weeks, we have seen how to beat explosive spread offenses. MSU and Iowa slowed down DRob and Texas stuffed Nebraska and Martinez. I think DRob, Martinez, and Newton are exceptional athletes who are better runners than they are passers. Letting them play to their strength is suicide. You either get eaten alive by big plays or you die a slow death by long drives. I would always take the run away then crowd the WR and dare them to beat me over the top. All of the above are great short range passers, but they are much less accurate throwing 20+ yds downfield. Sure they will hit the occasional big shot, but so far they all seem to be less than consistent in the long ball game.