Go Blue

I just don’t get the point of some of these workouts. It was funny but in class last night I was talking to a girl who used to play volleyball for University of Pittsburgh. She loved Buddy Morris. Said he was an awesome strength coach.

Ive said this before and I’ll say it again. Buddy Morris and James Smith are 2 of the best in the business. :cool:

I appreciate it. I’ll tell you what though, in this team sport industry of physical preparation- we are only as good as our win/loss record; save for those in the know who are able to distinguish all of the contributing variables towards team sport training.

I agree 100% with Highlander. You are what is right with this industry. Ian KIng sent me his book Barbells and Bullshit. Wow is all I can say. Guys stealing other coaches work and calling it their own. You are certainly a breath of fresh air. You are like the saying “I can see so far because I stand on the shoulders of giants”, but you are blazing your own trail. Congrats. Also, I PM you about one of my former athletes. Thanks in advance

Thanks, I’ve had my PM function turned off for quite some time due to rude comments that I had been receiving from a member here.

Feel free to email me.

if not, can you e-mail me your e-mail at idealathlete@yahoo.com. Thanks

[QUOTE=speedcoach;243745]. Ian KIng sent me his book Barbells and Bullshit. Wow is all I can say. Guys stealing other coaches work and calling it their own. /QUOTE]

How to build a dynasty, steal everything and understand nothing.

if you read the book, you will see the blatant plagiarism by a very well known name. Just wrong on so many levels. Another famous gentleman ripped off Charlies stuff and cakked it his own. People like that suck

That was the most lopsided game, with regard to physical domination, that I have ever seen in person. The next most dominant being the first half of the Bama v. aubie game this year. Great weather in Jacksonville. Besides the strange accents, Michigan fans were very nice and cordial.
Miss State just physically dominated Mich on all sides of the ball.

From what I heard, RR is a great coach but has never had the full support of the blue nation, partly his fault, partly their fault. The defensive players are Div II, not close to being able to play with top Div I teams.

The state of football in the State of Michigan (Mich state and Mich) has a long way to go. Great to see the Tide ring in the new year with such a dominant performance as well. You could tell all the Bama players that had been injured during the year had healed up. They looked like last years team.

I think I see a place to which James can submit his resume (among other Big 10 teams which I suspect did not endear themselves to the AD).

Greg Robinson is the key to defensive inadequacy.

His scheme may be problematic but his players were slow and physically overpowered. Interestingly Miss State strength coach apparently comes from the Fla s&c tree and they seemingly are more HIT like than others. I hear they use Oly lifts and such but nothing special.

Is it the coaches or players?? The old def coord is doing a good job for the orangemen.

The players looked slow in comparison. Our receivers and backs were dominating them at the point of attack. Even our little slot freshman receiver #11 knocked the safety #20 back when 20 tried to run him out of bounds.

Even though the Mich offense only had two significant drives I think they will be good in the future. Denard makes very few reads. He may get a presnap read adjustment from the sideline, to which we immediately adjusted to, or he just seems to run the read as called. When he gets all of that ironed out he will be super dangerous.

1-Denard is not a real qb, I do believe Forcier is a better qb than him. Granted he’s a great athlete but he’s not a qb.
2-Mich has been physically dominated like that all year long.
3-Msu’s o-line should have just stayed in east lansing. The front 7 from Bama was just way too fast for them. They were dominated in just about all aspects of the game. Bama looked like a national champion yesterday.

I’ll say it again yall don’t play football in michigan. If you want real athletes go to tx, fal, cal, oh, pitt, la, ga. Big 10 sucks, don’t be surprise if osu get whip…

Btw neb will run shop in the big 10…

Yet, RR classes at Mich have all been top 15. How can these no name kids from Mississippi annihilate these top 15 classes?

Are the rankings skewed?

Surely Mich has talent on the team. Are they not being coached up?

There is no doubt Dan Mullen is coaching them up in Mississippi.

Rankings are jack shit, we have many 4 an 5 star athletes and many times the 3star are the true ballers. I didn’t take much from the win because I will always take a speed team over a big 10 team. I would’t be shock if univ of tenn could spank iowa and mich state.

Funny story, I missed out on some action because I told a girl that iowa football sucks. She took that shit personal. I guess you call those people die hearts, I just don’t understand how you can love a team that much.