Go Blue

Very interesting seeing as the methods that were being espoused by their “famous S&C” seem to be failing them. I predicted as much 3 years ago, but I won’t gloat. Need to take a long look at everything in that program. Coaches need to stop blaming former coach and players. it is a coaching issue when you kids don’t know how to wrap on a tackle or be within 5 yards of a WR. He could immediately improve his team by revamping their workouts and by hiring someone who can teach defense to these kids.

Ha I remember you saying that. Fine I’ll gloat for ya. I told people just like you did that the S&C program is terrible. Everyone was saying HE’S THE BEST THING SINCE SLICE BREAD! Yeah right. No wonder alumni wants nothing to do with the current regeme( sorry spelling).

And the Cam Newton ship begins to sink.

Known about this for a year, finally the right people get the story.

And the Cam Newton ship begins to sink.

Known about this for a year, finally the right people get the story.

That is just a flat out shame if there is truth to this and it directly relates to Newton or his family. The greed in sports is utterly ridiculous. The culture of port is messed up. Whatever happened to going to a school and waiting til you were a junior to start? Instead they want to be guaranteed to start freshman year or they go elsewhere. Now they can’t wait for the NFL to get paid, they need boosters to line their pockets. It’s a shame.

It may have been covered well enough for him to never get caught, however there is truth. They need to look at his dad’s churches that he is the bishop over. Surely he was not stupid enough to put $ in an account but you never know…Cam says last week in SI, “I wanted to go to Miss State.” His dad says, “you will go to Auburn.”

am i the only one who really doesnt care about this story

If you don’t care why post.

True. Why bother?

True. Why bother? It obviously has massive implications in the Heisman and the championship race. Guess that’s not news worthy

Speaking of Michigan, as a true football fan, I almost vomited in my mouth watching the game with Illinois. What a pathetic display of defense on both teams behalf. I had to flip to Bama and LSU after to remember that good teams play defense and that’s how you contend for national championships. Congrats U of M but that was so ugly, Bo’s bones are rattling in his grave. Who would ever think Michigan would need 3 OT’s to eek out a win against Illini? RR, please hire a competent D coordinator, fire your strength coach, and just run the offense. Please.

Super disappointed after Bama LSU game but the both definitely play defense no doubt. Bama had no shot at a repeat imo after losing NINE starters on defense. You can’t replace that.

That UM game was pathetic. Very similar to the Arky Auburn game earlier this year, except no OT.

After the msu game I switched over and saw the end of the mich game. I fell asleep and thought when I woke up it would be just 1 overtime. Well, as speedcoach said Bo (who I had a chance to meet as a kid and talk to, great man by the way) would just be rollin in his grave! I know a few kids that are being recruited by them, they asked my honest opinion. I told them you would get a good education, and I hope you dont play defense cause my 2 year old niece could run for a 100 yds against that system.

What defensive scheme are they?

They run that God awful 3-3-5. Its there everydown defense. As you can see anybody with feet can run for at least 100 yards on them:p

Torbush ran that trash at Miss State last year. He is despised.

I sometimes wonder though if it is scheme or simply poor coaching and poor players. Miss State has made a pretty dramatic leap in defense after getting a new coordinator.

The scheme is fine on 3 and long or against the empty backfield, you know, something like that. In that scheme your db’s and linebackers gotta be athletic so Im not sure if michigans problem is the d-coordinator or the players. I dont watch them enough to give a full analysis of there pittiful D.

A lot of it is coaching. Their fundamentals are terrible. I see 8 years old who know how to hit and WRAP. Going for the kill shot is ok once in awhile, but not every play. Leads to lots of YAC. Cameron Gordon can you hear me? RR just needs to hire a good D coordinator and stay out of his way. Guys ego wont let him though. If I were Dave Brandon, those would be my conditions as the only way he keeps his job. The 335 is garbage. Sure RR ran it in the Big East, but that is a B-Ball conference. I also don’t remember his D being any good there wither. He took a Lloyd cast of in Ryan Mundy. He goes there and is a star but couldn’t cut it at Michigan. Guy needs to check his ego at the door. He sure thinks he had a great week. Got a pass by NCAA and eeked out win against middle of the road team. He best stick it to Purdue because those are likely his last wins this year.

I told RB 34 I would give him my opinion midway through Big Ten play. I believe I was correct on Michigan, not very good. No malice just honest football analysis. My Texas team sucks this year too. Hook em Horns!

The 3-3-5 can be a base defense, as long as there’s a 4 down adjustment to a true pro set or if the TE’s / 2 backs are killing you with the run. Many coaches teach it with 3-4 principles and a safety in the box, giving it a 3-5-3 look…

I happen to like it and have coached it, but we did it out of necessity (few DL’s, lots of SS types)

Still, it comes down to the players. I find it funny that someone brought up Miss St…Does anyone else remember Joe Lee Dunn running the 3-3-5 at Miss State and actually being competitive for a few years in the SEC?