fundmentals

Remember, its a one size fits all protocol. When you do massage on people you change what you do depending on what the state of the athlete is. This is not so with “scientific” experiements. It’s nice to know that it could decrease power output but what about resetting the reflex? What about all the other potential benefits that need to be traded off against the decrease in power output that potentially could be regained via a few plyos or whatever.

Yes. Don’t let other people’s “rules” prevent you from doing whatever is needed to get ready.

cant win against ncaa. lol

hey cf theres talk about ur quik lead etc, hope u can give answers?
1- Charlie- think quick at the start. don’t worry about trying to be powerful. if it’s quick, it will be powerful.
Tellez- think power at the start. try to produce as much force as possible…really drive off the blocks.

Whatever that gets it through the athletes mind and that the athlete actually executes the desired movement pattern as it is intended is the correct method. It happens to be Tellez cues on the proper execution of each step and charlie cues on the desired end effect.

However, with your lil bro of whom we talked earlier a bad thing would be to cue quick with him. It would be best to cue him on pushing.

The problem is the cue “quick” sets up in the athlete’s mind and can transfer into everything else.

A better cue than “quick” would be “explode”, but even then that cue has to be followed with a “push, push, push” cue.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but whose starts were better overall? Of course, if, every time you get beaten off the mark, you claim it was a jump, you’re not likely to accept a new idea.
It’s so easy to end up overpushing after a few steps and messing up totally. When you’re quick and relaxed, things go better for you.
It’s up to you.

do u teach the step down approach in the acc phase or just top speed phase

For most, it would be around 30m out

ok my bad i thought it was used during the start…

for those people who have this dvd im curious what was the most helpful thing you received from this dvd, for myself learning about the quick lead hand has really help me alot - the first block session was very different but after that it was like night and day.