Frecuency and stride length sessions

Charlie, have you tried anytime work with ankle weight ?
My coach insist in use 0.5kg ankle weights for each limb and until now, no-one noticed problems or injuries.
Otherwise, we did this only 3 times, once a week, and i ain´t feeling nothing coming from this kind of work, even during the sprints with ankles.
The “injurie” could be a cumulative problem ?

What types exercises are used for the feet?

walking on the heels-balls of the feet, wearing a 6-7 kg belt. To start with the athlete’s heel is in contact with the ground, then, with a powerful spring, he gets on tiptoe. He walks forward with light lithe steps, interspersing 60-80-100m walks with the same amount of v light running.

Exercise 2: Walking on the balls of the feet-heels-balls of the feet. Powerful, rapid and full springy foot action with the tip of the toes not the metatarsus coming in contact with the ground. The athlete pushes off with tip of toes following the rapid springy movement. Knees remain almost locked

60-80-100m as first exercise. TOTAL volume 800m or MORE for both exercises together.

Exercise 3: Hopping wearing 6-7 kg belt. Athlete bounces up and down rapidly and powerfully in such a way that it makes him feel higher than when running. Raise feet towards glutes. Done in sets.

Thanks for this stuff martn, very interesting!!! Now I know from what school my ex-coach came from, and why he used to talk so admiringly about Mennea and his training. That list is like a checklist of the drills I went through with my previous club, unfortunately the favorites of that coach were all the ones Charlie recommends the least! Now you see, why I’m here and not with him any more, I agree with Charlie!

As always, that sounds completely reasonable, and certainly something to avoid for an athlete like me who has a hard time relaxing.

ex 9 is actual 100m sprints with higheer frequency…example a 46 steps sprinter runs with 51 in 2-3 tenths higher time than training pb.

We’re saying the same thing

ok, but have you ever used them?or think can ruin natural mechanics?