Forum Stuff

Who wants to see a forum upgrade (look and feel).

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

rupert changes are always nice once they are kept simple but the site as it stands is 100%

I like the forums just as the are.

btw: Rupert please check your PM box :wink:

95% of the time a site/forum changes its look it gets worse. Is it possible for us to get a sample of what the forums would look and function like? I’m sure you guys would strive to make it better but if the members could see what is proposed they could give better feedback.

95% of the time when novices take on the task, agreed…its a slippery slope.

Here I’m talking specifically about tools and power toys to make your stay more enjoyable. Nothing really that would call it a great departure from what we have here already.

But there are a number of add-ons and such that I’d like to pull into the current framework.

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

Just upgrade it, everytime you have done that, it has been better. Plus it is a good way to re-attract old customers.

Hi there

We no longer change userIDs. You signed up, make it sure it works the first time.

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

What kind of goodies do you have in mind?

I like “sharing” tools, like allowing members their own area for sharing pictures and videos a la facebook.

I’ll get a laundry list together and post. I want 2008 to be sparkly.

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

I really like the idea of a place for members to post videos of their training.

Training/Competition Videos Watch clips or upload your own digital media for review. Open discussion.

http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Those are clips hosted elsewhere though, right? Which is cool, I just thought Rupert was saying the site would host them. Not that it matters really. In fact I had the idea of the members having a YouTube page in common but realized 5 different problems with that right after I thought of it.

Just to be clear, I’m not being picky about anything CF.com offers --just trying to give some feedback.

I second that.

Yeah, any new add ons would be great. Just make sure we dont lose any info from old posts!

Hi everyone,

Ok, first thing I’m looking at is called “Social Forums”. It allows each member to have their own ‘micro-forums’ that they can manage themselves! (insert loud WOW here).

Imagine the potential? It works perfectly with our global resource domination protocol x18 strategy.

:slight_smile:

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

When will it be ready? (no pressure or anything… :o )… jussttttt asking!

p.s. WOW :cool:

With testing, hopefully before Summer. It needs to be tested etc.

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

is that what is happening now? and why things are not working - like posting is a hassle, seeing new posts, subscribed threads and stuff like that?

Sorry BW,

Yes, thats partially why we had some issues in and around the site. The forum is now 100% setup and ready for further “power toys”.

Alls good now don’t you think?

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

Oh for sure! Sweet as now. Good job.

Hmm, power toys, will be a nice addition.