'Force', the 'BRIDGE' between Stride length and frequency.

She wasn’t holding back, and that’s not what I’m gettting at, she simply had an acceleration phase that was longer than her competitors. She drove out instead of popping strait up.

Her speed endurance was fine - she ran a 25.02 and 55.39 as well. Her 100 had always been suspect, because she was too interested in popping up and trying to be at max speed now, with very high shin angles and low force production.

Sorry if I described it improperly.

NP I probably misunderstood :slight_smile:

It’s really her approach to the race that you addressed with control -more speed , less haste sort of thing .

Would you say Justin gatlin is another example of what u describe - he comes up pretty late & his initial turnover looks far slower than many others but is effective .

I’ve only personally experienced slower turnover at the start on occassions when I’ve reacted poorly and then muscled my way thru a drive phase thru desparation - and have always been surprised by the accidental good result that slower more powerful strides made .
But it’s not something I would try deliberately and PB’s have always come when natural faster cadence was happening and accelleration stride length occurred naturally .

Working the resistance should not be construed as holding back. The athlete is very aggressive but with a purpose…that is getting to the highest angular velocity. As mentioned earlier, it takes time for the motor to pick up speed.

The topic should have been ‘POWER’ instead of ‘Force’. Power better describes the relationship between stride length and frequency than force.