Football Question

I know a guy who was cut from 2 NFL teams due to injury, and now he plays in the UFL.

I fully admit, I don’t follow football, so I was wondering does playing in the UFL serve as some kind of development league for the NFL?

http://www.ufl-football.com/

no…they are separate. competition if you could call it that

The intentions of the UFL are to provide the most competitive alternative to the NFL for those who get cut from the NFL or don’t make it there in the first place.

They have unique contracts in so far as signed UFL players are able to sever their contract without penalty if picked up by an NFL team at any point in the season.

It is spoken of as a farm system of sorts for the NFL, due to the elimination of NFL Europe; however, the degree to which UFL players are picked up by the NFL with any frequency remains to be seen.

The financial compensation is no where near the NFL league minimum; however, when not compared to the NFL the compensation is pretty good considering the season is a short as it is.

Wow! Thanks for the info!!!

Also…any compensation often is enough to continue to follow one’s dream…to play pro -football…In italy we have a decent league, and in the top division, 3 Us players are allowed…all the 10 teams have at least one former div 1-A player…even former NFLer…the salary is not that much, but still lots of players asking to come.
Also…I think UFL should continue to grow as a "second tier " pro football league,but should move to early spring…like february to may…would get much more exciting for players and fans alike.

I know a few guys in the UFL, its good football but they have a stipulation in there contract where if they go to the nfl the team has to pay a certain amount of money (not sure of the peramiters of the deal) to obtain that player.

^^^ Thanks