Football equip.(Helmets, Shoulder Pads)

I just didn’t like the way that it felt on my head. Also the vision wasn’t very good out of the sides. I would wear the old Riddell instead of the Revolution any day of the week. The DNA is really comfortable and you can wear pretty much the same facemask as you do with a standard helmet.

do you wear the standard air helmets?

I’m pretty sure mine is a Schutt and yes it does have an air bladder. It seems old school but it is light and gets the job done.

im with you i dont need all this new school crap.

Thanks for all your help guys. I went with the Schutt DNA after putting it on in the store and noticing it was a bit lighter and felt a little smaller with as twhite said better field of vision than the revolution which I only tried on for a minute at this other place which could be best described as a sweatshop…lol. It also seems to be much more comfortable. Did you guys notice that? I’m just hoping it takes the same hit as the Riddell. I guess I will find out. If I’m constantly in a daze I’m not going to be too happy. I also went with the douglas cp-25 pads which they ordered for me. They are quite expensive but I liked the coverage of the medium I tried on as opposed to the small sp-25’s.

As far as hit taking, I’ve gotten a concussion in both the DNA and the Riddell…soooo yeah.

Honestly though, I feel MUCH safer in the DNA than the Riddell since it’s so much lighter, not as much force on impact.

Be careful not to air up the DNA too much though, or you’ll start getting dizzy and light headed. :smiley:

Got the shoulder pads today that some suggested (Douglas cp-25). Much lighter and different than the ones I used to wear back in the day. I almost feel like there isnt much to them. Guess I’ll get used to them. However…one thing I am not a fan of which I meant to change but didn’t is the belt fasteners. I think I really prefer the elastic buckles. I am even thinking about sending them back to have that changed. Thoughts?

Personally I like the elastic attachments a lot better. What position are you playing?

I hate the elastic, the belt feels great nice tight fit.

Running back. Maybe a little bit wide out. I just feel with the belts that its either too tight or too lose. With the elastic I feel that I can make it pretty tight and still have good mobility when going up to catch a pass etc.

you should have gotten these pads if you really want to have range to go up and catch ball:

http://www.douglaspads.com/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=7&idproduct=11

I liked the cp-25 better. A bit more protection.

Well you must accept the fact that you wont have the extra mobility that the qb/wr pads gives you.

Yea I am. I just feel the elastic will provide better mobility on the other pads. Thats all. Just wanted to hear everyones thoughts. You dont find the belts digging into your sides?

Not at all but ur upper is probably bigger then my upper, i usually strap up to bout the 6-7 hole.

Yea. I am strapping up to hole 6 but my fkin lats are huge. When I flex them the shit actually hurts.

LOL, you dont need shoulder pads.

Thats what I was thinking but my Acromion Process stick out quite a bit which makes me a little weary of helmet to acromion contact. lol

let me know how that first hit go.:slight_smile:

Thoughts on the optional backplate???