First year pr's

Hey everyone, ive been frequenting the boards for awhile and decided to sign up. Im a freshman in high school and this was my first year of track, I decided to post some Pr’s as the season is coming to an end.

Height:5’9"
Weight:140lbs

200m: 23.45
400m:54.36

I KNOW for sure i can improve these times but while i was peaking i pulled my right hamstring and that really dragged me down.

Welcome to the site/forums Master Track. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

Thats a pretty fast 200m time for a freshman.

Yep, I’m a soph and I can’t do that now. The 400 is also a great time, keep working and you’ll go places. If you can run better then that then you must be your state / provincial champion at least for the 200.

Wellcome Dude :smiley:
Hey, pretty fast times for a 15y/o. :eek:
Let´s remember, this site is based over truth. :wink:
These times are handed ? manual ? :confused:

no i promise you all, these are electronic times. I really enjoy track and field and I don’t see how i can improve by lieing or saying false times.

i have the video of the the 200, it was a frosh champ race and i got fourth, the guy that got first ran a 23.03 second was 23.33 third was 23.42 and then me with 23.45 =/ I could post it but i dont know how…

as far as me going to state, im far from it, I did go to CIF but in the 4X100.

Now that the season is over, I’ve rested my hamstring for about a week or 2 and after checking with the school trainer I’m going to begin to train to join a summer club to improve these times for next year, I’m extremly dedicated and want more than anything to improve. I can honestly say that running is my love and all i want is to get better.

If you guys have any suggestions or anything please, it would be greatly appreciated fi you guys could share. Again, I see nor have any reason to lie or be untruthful as that does not help me accomplish anything except look good over the internet and I dont care much about that.

Yes I think J-Mee Samuels ran a 21 second 200m his freshman year.

I believe it, we had a kid run a 23.2 when he was a freshman here at my school. Since you went to CIF, that means your in CA. Which section are you in?

SD,and ya, I saw J-Mee at the Arcadia invitational, dudes crazy…

our 4X100 team was no good tho. the lowest time weve gotten this year was 43.79 and at the CIF prelims we had a missing runner and i ran with my pulled hammy so we ran a 46 =( I found it to be an awesome experience tho and I can’t wait to make it in an individual race.

hey! i just got a real good idea, I’ll tell you guys my goal times and then you can send me bak down to earth =)!

Goal 200: 22.7
Goal 400:51.8

those are for next year, I kno the 400 time may be farfetched but i dont know how to run it, wat i did this year is jog the first 250 and then sprint the last 150. Coach says if i would run it right (this year) i would have gotten high 52s low 53s =/. the 200, im extremly confident i can run a 23.0-2 now healthy

Goals for senior year =D lol

200: sub 22
400 sub 50

Well I want to thank all of you guys for commenting =D

Can you run those times pretty consistantly?

Because if yoy can you can lower those times for when your a senior.

Ya I just remembered in the states they don’t have age categories. Kinda sucks, you’d be a top runner at provincials up here.

well, ive only ran the 200 4 times but everytime i run it i go faster (24.91, 24.45, 23.61, 23.45) and i feel i can run it faster yet and im a very consistent runner in the 400 and other things so im pretty confident i can keep running those lower times on a regular basis.

I’ll probably be going to Serbia this summer where my uncle is an official and he said he’d put me in races up there so I’m pretty stoked about seeing how i size up to other competition.