Females using ZMA ?

Lots of info on ZMA on the forum, but seems all directed with males. Anyone have experience with females taking ZMA (specifically effect regarding hormone levels, BC etc?)

My fiance has trouble sleeping, tried other methods with little success.

Thanks.

ZMA doesn’t increase hormones to any supra-physiological levels. Most people in North America (esp. athletes) are deficient in zinc and magnesium, so fixing those deficiencies usually helps with hormonal production and the like. It doesn’t really “boost” anything, but rather, gets things to where they should have been anyway.

As far as females using ZMA, I know multiple females that used it without any problems and still use zinc/mag supplements.

You could just use mag if you are worried about zinc turning your woman into a man. ZMA is nothing special…just a patented mix for $$$.

ZMA is fine for women…I gave some to my girlfriend and she slept like a baby…but be warned…Also from experience (personal and fellow female athletes) it gets them very horny…and i’m not kidding!!

So make sure you take your own!

an orgy in a pill…wow… that does sound fun…

will try some… ciao

Anyone know what stores carry SNAC liscenced ZMA in Toronto?

I’ve found SNAC lycensed ZMA in Italy…pretty good…

No. But you can get Snac ZMA at Bulknutrition.com for about 10 bucks. That is to say, directly from the original manufacturer.

Thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciated.

I have a female track cyclist regularly on ZMA with no problems at all. As has been mentioned, it won’t boost hormone status beyond normal physiological level but I believe it may assist with holding hormone status at a normal level when it might otherwise go backwards under training loads.

captain kirk… woodbine mall…27/rexdale…
upstairs vitamin store… she has 3 types…

ciao

Hi Charlie,

Olympic Nutrition on Finch Avenue, east of Sentinel Road has a SNAC licensed brand. They were a bit rude when I was in there though!

are u serious?! LOL

Yes!!! Very serious!! Just ask my missus!! :wink: