Feel the rythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, its RUNNING time!

Day 1- Sunday, May 21, 2006

I’m going to start a journal, and I will hopefully update it up until next year’s state competition, if not further. I play basketball, but I’ve really turned into more of a track runner. I hope to excel at both though. In track I’m a middle distance runner. I guess I’ll give some stats now.

Height: 6’1"-6’2"
Weight: 160…ish
Times: 400-58
800- 2:15
1600- 5:20
3200- Probably a little under 12:00

Unfortunately, I don’t have any maxes right now because I haven’t really lifted since the fall and can’t test my maxes at home. This track season is kind of a disappointment because I was hoping for about a 2:05-2:10 in the 800, but I guess 2:15 isn’t to bad since this was the first year that i didn’t get injured early on like I have in the past 2 seasons. My goals for next season are:

400: 52-53
800: 1:55-2:00
1600: 4:45-4:55
3200: 10:30

I definitely believe all these are possible with my determination and how bad I want them.

But anyways, I wasn’t planning on starting training until Monday, but I couldn’t resist the urge. Today my workouts were:

12:25- Mobility Session

1:45- Speed Session [ul][li]2x(4x51m) with 8.5m runup
[/li] [li]20min. Break[/ul]
[/li]3:05- Workout [ul]
[li]Full Squat 3x5 (115)
[/li][li]Bench 5x5 (95)
[/li][li]Natural GHR 2x6
[/li][li]Pullups 3x5
[/li][/ul]

6:00-8:00[ul]
[li] 2 Hours of Full Court Scrimmages
[/li][li] 1 Mile Easy Run (8:00) [/ul]
[/li]
My diet looked like:

[ul]
[li]10:10 AM- Eggs, Bacon, Toast + Vitamins
[/li][li]12:40 PM- Pork Chops, Can of Mixed Fruit
[/li][li]4:00 PM- Yogurt, Large Chocolate Milk
[/li][li]4:30 PM- 3 Tacos, Apple, Banana
[/li][li]8:50 PM- Carrots, Yogurt, Large Chocolate Milk
[/li][li]11:30 PM- PB Sandwich, Fruit Energy Bar[/ul]
[/li]
Notes[ul]
[li] The speed session was quality work and my times ranged from 6.53 to 6.75, which seems kind of slow to me…
[/li][li] The weights seemed like a good workout, I’m extremely weak. I’m going change that though.
[/li][li]Open gym went pretty well eventhough my shot is horrendous since I just got done running track.
[/li][li] My diet needs to get a lot better!
[/li][li] I took a 20 minute ice bath~58-60` tonight.
[/li][*] Overall I’m happy with Day 1!!![/ul]

Hi,

Just from looking at your first post I was wondering if that is an normal day’s training for you. Just seems that perhaps the volume (qty) is a little bit large for someone your age. What was the point of the 1 mile run? Was it part of basketball practice? As you have noted yourself, your diet is pretty bad-not awful though. You could make some simple changes to it, such as trying to eat more lean sources of protein, such as fish, chicken or turkey. Also try replacing the chocolate milks with some dried fruit or a fruit smoothie.

Please dont think of this post as a personal criticism but rather as some helpful hints. If you want me to expand on these points or give you any more help, then feel free to email…

wombling_womble@hotmail.com

Thanks for the reply. Don’t worry about me flaming, I’m open to all suggestions from anyone.

I won’t always have open gyms. I have those 2-3 times a week. The mile run was just kind’ve a cool down run after playing basketball. Plus, my friend wanted to go run some, so I went with him.

I definitely need to get some more greens and fruits in my diet. More meat would be good too.

Day 2- Monday, May 22, 2006

Today went pretty well. I accomplished most of what I wanted too. I didn’t get everything done WHEN I wanted to, but in the end I got it done.Today was a low intensity day and it looked something like this:

11:25- Mobility Session (30 min.)

2:30-3:30- Skill Work - [ul][li] Spot Shooting (300-400 made shots)[/ul]
[/li]
7:15-Tempo Workout [ul]
[li]10x400m w/3:00 rest (74, 76, 75, 75, 73, 75, 76, 76, 75) [/ul]
[/li]
11:15- Core[ul]
[li]1000 reps (50 Crunches, 50 Oblique Crunches Per Side, 25 Leg Raises, 25 Supermen-Repeat 5x)[/ul]
[/li]
My diet might’ve beem a little better today. I ate:

Diet
[ul][li]9:40 AM- Bowl of Fruit Harvest Cereal, Banana, Toast with PB, an apple, and Vitamins B & C.
[/li]
[li] 12:38 PM- Large Hamburger mix and carrots
[/li]
[li]4:00 PM- Foot long Chipotle Southwest Cheese steak sandwich from subway with lettuce and tomatoes, Large Chocolate Milk
[/li]
[li]10:30 PM- Lots of Pork Roast, Can of Mixed Fruit
[/li]
[li]1:00 AM- Yogurt, Cheese, Multivitamin[/ul]
[/li]
I also used some recovery methods:

Recovery [ul]
[li]10:55 AM- Contrast Shower (1 Min. Cold/3 Min. Hot- 4 cold cycles, 3 Hot Cycles)
[/li]
[li] 12:00 Midnight- Cold Shower (10 Min. on Glutes, Hams, and Calves, 2.5 minutes on Quads.)[/ul]
[/li]
Notes[ul]
[li] 8 Hours of Sleep
[/li][li] My shot started to fall today. At one point I made 20 15 footers from the elbow in a row.
[/li][li] The tempo workout sucked, I made my times pretty much. (75)
[/li]
[*] I wanted to do core right after Tempo, but that didn’t work out. [/ul]

Day 3- Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I originally planned to shoot around a little and then rest for the rest of the day, but I couldn’t sit around and do nothing so I went and did another tempo workout. My day looked like:

11:50- Mobility Session (15 min.)

2:45-3:45- Skill Practice [ul]
[li] 200+ Made Shots
[/li][li] Dribbling drills[/ul]
[/li]
7:15- Tempo Ladder [ul]
[li] 100m, 200m, 300m, 400m, 600m, 600m, 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m
[/li][li] Times= 15, 33, 54, 75, 2:02, 2:02, 76, 56, 34, 16[/ul]
[/li]
8:25-9:00- Skills Practice [ul]
[li] 100 Made Shots
[/li][li] 50 Made Free throws[/ul]
[/li]
11:15- Core
[ul]
[li] 1000 Core Reps-6x50 Crunches, 6x50 Oblique Crunches per Side, 2x50 Supermen [/ul]
[/li]
My diet looked like:

Diet
[ul]
[li] 10:15 AM- Bowl of Fruit Harvest Cereal, Banana, Bacon, Vitamins B & C
[/li][li] 12:10 PM- Tuna Mix On Crackers, Apple
[/li][li] 4:25 PM- 6in. Subway Melt (turkey, ham, bacon, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers)
[/li][li] 6:05 PM- Steak, Can of Mixed Fruit
[/li][li] 12:00 Midnight- 6 inch Subway Melt (turkey, bacon, ham, tomato, cucumber, lettuce) + Multivitamin[/ul]
[/li]
For recovery:

Recovery [ul]
[li] 11:15- Contrast shower (1 Min. Cold, 3 Min. Hot-4 Cold Cycles, 3 Hot Cycles)
[/li][li] 10:06- Ice Bath (20 min. + 5 min. of drainage)[/ul]
[/li]
Tommorrow I’m planning for a Speed Endurance Session, a weights session, and an open gym.

Notes[ul]
[li] 8 Hours of Sleep.
[/li][li] My form felt good today during my skill practices.
[/li][li] The tempo felt good.
[/li][*] I have a slight pain in my right knee and my lower back on the right side feels tight.[/ul]

Day 4- Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Today didn’t go as well as I wanted it too, but overall it went okay. I couldn’t do all my Speed Endurance workout because a track team had their final practice in the middle of it. I did:

11:45- Mobility Session (Only 10 Min.)

2:45- Speed Endurance Session [ul]
[li]1x400
[/li][li]1x200
[/li]
5:30- Weights

[li]Deadlifts 3x8 (95)
[/li][li]Bulgarian Split Squats 2x8 (65)
[/li][li]Bent Over DB Rows 3x6 (40)
[/li][li]DB Bench 2x5 (40) 1x5 (35)
[/li]
8:00-9:45- Open Gym[/ul]

My diet was:

Diet
[ul]
[li] 9:30 AM- Bowl of Fruit Harvest, Banana, Apple, Toast with PB
[/li][li] 12:30 PM- PB Sandwich, Apple, Fruit Energy Bar
[/li][li] 4:00 PM- Footlong Chipotle Southwest Cheesesteak (lettuce, tomatoes)
[/li][li] 6:35- Chicken and Potatos
[/li][li] 12:00 Midnight- Fruit Mix, Yogurt[/ul]
[/li]
Recovery Methods were:

Recovery[ul]
[li] 11:15- Contrast Shower (1 Min. Cold/3 Min. Hot-4 Cold Cycles, 3 Hot Cycles) [/ul]
[/li]
Notes[ul]
[li] I got a little less then 8 hours of sleep.
[/li][li] Disappointed I couldn’t complete the track work. I forgot my stopwatch too, so I didn’t get any times.
[/li][li] My right knee still bothered me some, especially in the first set of deadlifts.
[/li][li] Open gym was alright. I had a few good drives and finishes. My shot is still a little off.
[/li][*] Tomorrow will most likely be Tempo. [/ul]

Day 5- Thursday, May 25, 2006
Things got done pretty late today. I was waiting for a friend, but he kept prolonging things. I also had a sports banquet to go too. Eventually, I did:

4:30- Skills Practice [ul]
[li] 1-on-1 Drills
[/li][li] A Little Spot Shooting [/ul]
[/li]
9:00- Long Run[ul]
[li] 4 Miles Easy (32:00) [/ul]
[/li]
2:30- Core[ul]
[li] 300 Reps (1x100 Crunches, 1x100 Oblique Crunches Per Side
[/li][li] 1:00- 900 Reps (6x50 Crunches, 4x50 Obliques Crunches Per Side, 4x25 Supermen, 4x25 Leg Raises) [/ul]
[/li]
My diet was:
Diet

• 10:30 AM- Eggs, Bacon, Apple
• 12:30 PM- PB Sandwich, Banana, Fruit Energy Bar
• 5:35- Hamburger Mix
• 12:00 Midnight- Fruit Mix, Yogurt, Cheese

Recovery Methods were:
Recovery

• 10:00- Ice Bath (20 Min. + 5 Min. Drainage)

Notes

• I got 8 hours of sleep.
• The Long Run was nice. My finish was a medium pace.
• My right knee still bothered me.
• I did a total of 1200 Core Reps today.

Day 6- Friday, May 26, 2006

Today I felt good until I tried to do my Split-Runs. My legs felt extremely heavy. After the workout I went home and crashed for a while. I don’t know why, but I was just dead tired. Then I managed to pull off a decent workout later. I did:

4:15- Split Run Session [ul]
[li] 2x(200+200+100) Rest 90 between Reps/20 Min. between Sets.
[/li][/ul]
8:50- Workout [ul]
[li] 8lb OHB Med. Ball Throws 5x3
[/li][li] Farmer’s Walk 3 Sets (40 DBs)
[/li][li] Various Types of Throws with Cement Cylinder [/ul]
[/li]
My diet looked like:

Diet [ul]
[li] 10:00 AM- Bowl of Fruit Harvest, Apple, Banana, 2 Toasts with PB
[/li][li] 2:00 PM- Footlong Chipotle
[/li][li] 5:30 PM- Pork Chops, Canned of Mixed Fruit
[/li][li] 8:20 PM- Hamburger mix
[/li][li] 12:00 Midnight- Cheez-Its, Yogurt[/ul]
[/li]
For Recovery I did:

Recovery [ul]
[li] 10:45-Contrast Shower (1 Min. Cold/3 Min. Hot-3 Cold Cycles, 2 Hot Cycles) [/ul]
[/li]
Notes [ul]
[li] I thought about skipping the track work because my legs felt so dead, but I went ahead and did it.
[/li][li] I enjoyed my other workout. It was lots of fun throwing around the piece of cement.
[/li][*] Saturday I’ll probably just sit around all day and let my body recover from Week 1 of training. [/ul]

Day 7- Saturday, May 27, 2006

Today was a bunch of R&R for me. I watched Doom. I wasn’t real impressed, but it was alright. I also watched a lot of the UFC shows leading up to Gracie vs. Hughes match. I wish I could’ve watched it. :mad:

I did a little stretching before I went to bed too. That’s about it.

Sunday will be a Speed workout.

[quote=“Kirbster”]
Day 1- Sunday, May 21, 2006

I’m going to start a journal, and I will hopefully update it up until next year’s state competition, if not further. I play basketball, but I’ve really turned into more of a track runner. I hope to excel at both though. In track I’m a middle distance runner. I guess I’ll give some stats now.

Height: 6’1"-6’2"
Weight: 160…ish
Times: 400-58
800- 2:15
1600- 5:20
3200- Probably a little under 12:00

Unfortunately, I don’t have any maxes right now because I haven’t really lifted since the fall and can’t test my maxes at home. This track season is kind of a disappointment because I was hoping for about a 2:05-2:10 in the 800, but I guess 2:15 isn’t to bad since this was the first year that i didn’t get injured early on like I have in the past 2 seasons. My goals for next season are:

400: 52-53
800: 1:55-2:00
1600: 4:45-4:55
3200: 10:30

I definitely believe all these are possible with my determination and how bad I want them.

But anyways, I wasn’t planning on starting training until Monday, but I couldn’t resist the urge. Today my workouts were:

12:25- Mobility Session

1:45- Speed Session [ul][li]2x(4x51m) with 8.5m runup
[/li] [li]20min. Break[/ul]
[/li]3:05- Workout [ul]
[li]Full Squat 3x5 (115)
[/li][li]Bench 5x5 (95)
[/li][li]Natural GHR 2x6
[/li][li]Pullups 3x5
[/li][/ul]

6:00-8:00[ul]
[li] 2 Hours of Full Court Scrimmages
[/li][li] 1 Mile Easy Run (8:00) [/ul]
[/li]
My diet looked like:

[ul]
[li]10:10 AM- Eggs, Bacon, Toast + Vitamins
[/li][li]12:40 PM- Pork Chops, Can of Mixed Fruit
[/li][li]4:00 PM- Yogurt, Large Chocolate Milk
[/li][li]4:30 PM- 3 Tacos, Apple, Banana
[/li][li]8:50 PM- Carrots, Yogurt, Large Chocolate Milk
[/li][li]11:30 PM- PB Sandwich, Fruit Energy Bar[/ul]
[/li]
Notes[ul]
[li] The speed session was quality work and my times ranged from 6.53 to 6.75, which seems kind of slow to me…
[/li][li] The weights seemed like a good workout, I’m extremely weak. I’m going change that though.
[/li][li]Open gym went pretty well eventhough my shot is horrendous since I just got done running track.
[/li][li] My diet needs to get a lot better!
[/li][li] I took a 20 minute ice bath~58-60` tonight.
[/li][li] Overall I’m happy with Day 1!!![/ul][/li][/quote]

Good post, I have to give you props for the title of this thread, “Feel the rythym, feel the rhyme!” Lol!

Thanks! I wanted something a little more creative then Kirbster’s Training Journal. The title is actually a quote from the movie Cool Runnings.

Day 8- Sunday, May 28, 2006

I’m pretty happy with how today went. I visited the store and bought some yogurt, fruit, and 2 lbs. of protein powder. My workouts were fine eventhough my track times seem slow. Anyways, the day looked like:

10:45- Mobility Session (30 min.)

2:00- Speed Session [ul]
[li] 8x30m (3 min. Rest) [/ul]
[/li]
7:30- Weights [ul]
[li] Full Squats 3x5 (120)
[/li][li] Bench Press 5x5 (100)
[/li][li] Natural GHR 2x6
[/li][li] Pullups 1x6, 2x5 [/ul]
[/li]
11:10- Core [ul]
[li] 500 Core Reps ( 4x50 crunches, 2x50 Oblique Crunches per Side, 2x25 Leg Raises, 2x25 Supermen) [/ul]
[/li]
My Diet was:

Diet [ul]
[li] 9:45 AM- Eggs, Bacon, Toast
[/li][li] 12:15 PM- Pork Chop, Can of Mixed Fruit, Yogurt
[/li][li] 3:30 PM- Fruit Smoothie (1/2 Strawberries, 1/2 Pineapples, 1 Scoop Protein Powder, 1 Cup Plain Yogurt)
[/li][li] 6:20 PM- Footlong Chipotle Cheese Steak
[/li][li] 8:30 PM- Smoothie (1 banana, Spoonful of PB, 1 Scoop Protein Powder, 1 Cup Yogurt)
[/li][li] 11:25 PM- Small Piece Chicken, Mixed Fruit, Fruit Energy Bar [/ul]
[/li]
For Recovery I did:

Recovery [ul]
[li] 11:45 AM- Contrast Shower ( 1 Min. Cold/3 Min. Hot- 4 Cold Cycles, 3 Hot Cycles)
[/li][li] 12:30 PM- Contrast Shower+5 Min. Cold On Posterior Chain(1 Min. Cold/3Min. Hot- 4 Cold Cycles, 3 Hot Cycles) [/ul]
[/li]
Notes [ul]
[li] I got 8 hours of sleep.
[/li][li] My times for 30m were betwee 4.00 & 4.21. I wish I was faster… :mad:
[/li][li] The weights workout went well. I increased the weights by 5 lbs. for each exercise and 1 rep for Pullups.
[/li][li]The first smoothie I made was pretty good, but the 2nd one was awful. It tasted like liquid peanut butter kind of…
[/li][*] I haven’t taken my second contrast shower yet, but I will as soon as I get done posting this. [/ul]

Day 9- Monday, May 29, 2006

I went and visited some family today, but still got back in time for a tempo workout. I tried to go to bed early too since I had a Dr.'s appointment early the next morning, but I couldn’t go to sleep. Anyways, my day looked like:

6:30- Tempo Workout [ul]
[li]3x5x200m in 33-36 Sec. (1 Min. Rest Between Reps, 3 Min. Between Sets) [/ul]
[/li]
My diet looked like:

Diet [ul]
[li] 10:00 AM- Eggs, Bacon, Toast, Vitamins
[/li][li] 12:10 PM- Hamburger Mix
[/li][li] 4:30 PM- Couple Kinds of Fish, Potatoes, Balance Bar
[/li][li] 8:00 PM- Fruit Smoothie (1/2 Strawberries, 1/2 Pineapples, 1 Cup Yogurt, 1 Scoop Protein Powder)
[/li][li] 10:00 PM- PB Sandwich, Banana [/ul]
[/li]
For recovery I did:

Recovery [ul]
[li]11:45- Contrast Shower (1 Min. Cold/3 Min. Hot- 4 Cold Cycles, 3 Hot Cycles)
[/li][li]9:30- Ice Bath (20 Min. + 5 Min. Drainage) [/ul]
[/li]
Notes [ul]
[li] The tempo workout was pretty tough. I wanted to do 4 sets in order to get a total of 4000m, but I didn’t have any water, so I stopped after 3. I was starting to struggle reaching my times anyways.
[/li][li] My diet was alright I guess. I still need to get more greens.
[/li][*] The Ice Bath felt really nice on my legs after the tempo workout. [/ul]

Looking good Kirbster. Keep it up!

Thanks, but I’m not sure how long I’ll be able to keep it up. Summer school weights started and my basketball coach is pretty much making me go. The program they’re doing is like lots of high schools. We lift 4 days in a row alternating between Lower and Upper + “Speed” training and agilities after the weights. I’m not sure how I’ll be able to organize everything with that plus what I want to do and basketball practice. :confused:

Anyways, I’ll try and post my logs here in a minute.

Day 10- Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Today killed me! Running, lifting, and then a basketball game takes a toll on your body, let me tell you…expecially when you have to get up at 5:45 to get ready for a Dr.'s appointment. Anyways, I did:

11:45- Speed Endurance [ul]
[li] 2x400m @95%ish with 20 Min. Rest (61, 64)[/ul]
[/li]
1:00- Weights [ul]
[li] Deadlifts 3x5 (115)
[/li][li] Bent Over DB Rows 3x6 (40)
[/li][li] DB Bench 3x5 (40) [/ul]
[/li]
6:00- Basketball Game [ul]
[li] We won 57-53. I played alright. I scored some, had a few rebounds and assists. I think I had 2 or so turnovers though.[/ul]
[/li]
My diet was:

Diet [ul]
[li] 6:30 AM- Fruit Smoothie (1/2 Strawberries, 1 banana, 1 Cup yogurt, 1 scoop protein)
[/li][li] 10:30 AM- Bowl of Fruit Harvest Cereal, apple
[/li][li] 1:45 PM- Fruit Smoothie (1/2 strawberries, ½ pinapples, 1 cup yogurt, 1 scoop protein)
[/li][li] 3:30 PM- Footlong Subway Melt (turkey, ham, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes)
[/li][li] 8:30 PM- Chicken, Potatoes
[/li][li] 10:00 PM- PB Sandwich, Yogurt [/ul]
[/li]
My recovery methods were:

Recovery [ul]
[li] 5:45- Contrast Shower ( 1 Min. Cold/ 3 Min. Hot- 4 Cold Cycles, 3 Hot Cycles)
[/li][li] 2:25- Contrast Shower ( 1 Min. Cold/ 3 Min. Hot- 4 Cold Cycles, 3 Hot Cycles)
[/li][li] 9:30- Ice Bath (20 Min. + 5 Min. Drainage) [/ul]
[/li]
Notes [ul]
[li] The track work went well, but left my legs pretty sore.
[/li][li] The weights workout was pretty good. My DB Bench went up and the rows were a little easier.
[/li][li] My diet was pretty good.
[/li][li] My legs were completely dead after the basketball game. [/ul]
[/li]
I’ll post Day 11 tommorrow afternoon sometime.

Day 11- Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I had to go to weights at school for the first time today. I wasn’t looking forward to it because I figured it would be a ton of volume and it was. I didn’t do all of it and tried to keep the intensity pretty low. My day looked like:

8:30- Weights [ul]
[li] Incline 1x12 (65) 1x8 (75) 1x6 (80)
[/li][li] Alt. DB Bench 3x8 (30)
[/li][li] Seated Rows 3x8 ( I don’t know how much weight)
[/li][li] Tricep & Bicep work
[/li][li] Metabolic Speed Package (Ladders, sprints, & agilites drills)[/ul]
[/li]
6:30- Open Gym

My diet was pretty bad:

Diet [ul]
[li] 7:15 AM- Bowl of Fruit Harvest Cereal, Apple, 2 Pieces of Toast with PB
[/li][li] 1:30 PM- Footlong Chipotle Cheesesteak
[/li][li] 8:45 PM- Chicken, Can of Mixed Fruit
[/li][li] 10:30 PM- PB Sandwich, Yogurt [/ul]
[/li]
For recovery:

Recovery [ul]
[li] 6:45- Contrast Shower (1 Min. Cold/ 3 Min. Hot- 4 Cold Cycles, 3 Hot Cycles)[/ul]
[/li]
Notes [ul]
[li] For weights I was suppose to do what I did on incline twice, 3 sets of push press, and i only did 2 of the 3 sets for biceps and triceps.
[/li][li] The Metabolic Speed Package includes 15 yd. broad jumps, shuffles, shuttles, triangles, various sprints, and agility ladders.
[/li][li] Open gym went alright. I played 5 or 6 full court games to 7 and then made about 30 free throws in a row at one point in a drill.
[/li][li] My diet sucked because I was barely home all day and didn’t have any cash after I bought lunch.
[/li][*] I wanted to take an ice bath once I got home, but I didn’t have any ice. [/ul]

Day 12- Thursday, June 1, 2006

Today went alright. I got a good workout in at weights, and then I chilled at my crib for the rest of the day.

8:30- Weights [ul]
[li] Full Squats 1x12 (95) 1x10 (105) 1x8 (120)
[/li][li] Good Mornings 3x8 (55, 75, 85)
[/li][li] Walking Lunges 2x25yds. (30 lb. DBs)
[/li][li] Dots, T & Star Drills [/ul]
[/li]
10:10- Core [ul]
[li] Applepickers 2x30 sec.
[/li][li] Herschel Walkers 2x30 sec.
[/li][li] Bicycles 2x1 Min. [/ul]
[/li]
6:30- Tempo [ul]
[li] Ran the length of my yard (~80-100yds. probably) 20 or so times with 30 sec. rest [/ul]
[/li]
My diet looked like:

Diet [ul]
[li] 7:05 AM- Bowl of Fruit Harvest Cereal, Apple, Toast with PB
[/li][li] 11:15 AM- Smoothie (1/2 strawberries, 1 banana, 1 1/4 Cups of Yogurt, 2 scoops protein)
[/li][li] 1:00 PM- Spaghetti
[/li][li] 3:45 PM- Apple, Fruit Energy Bar, Balance Bar
[/li][li] 5:45 PM- Chicken, Can of Mixed Fruit
[/li][li] 9:00 PM- Chicken, Potatoes
[/li][li] 11:30 PM- Yogurt [/ul]
[/li]
For Recovery I did:

Recovery [ul]
[li] 6:45- Contrast Shower (1 Min. Cold/3 Min. Hot- 4 Cold Cycles, 3 Hot Cycles)
[/li][li] 10:50- Cold Shower on Legs (10 Min.) [/ul]
[/li]
Notes [ul]
[li] I can really feel the workout from today. I cut out leg curls, leg extensions, lateral lunges, 2 sets of Lunges, and repeating the same squat routine.
[/li][li] My abs are going to be sore tomorrow…I can already feel it.
[/li][li] I went and did a short tempo session before the storm just to loosen up and because I haven’t ran besides basketball and weights since Tuesday.
[/li][*] My diet went pretty well.[/ul]

Day 13- Friday, June 2, 2006

I didn’t go to weights today because my friends and coaches were at a JV camp. I decided I’d catch up with some sleep. I still got some running in though.

2:00- Basketball [ul]
[li] Dribbling Drills
[/li][li] 3-4 2 on 2 games
[/li][li] A little Shooting [/ul]
[/li]
9:00- Track [ul]
[li] 1 Mile (MEDIUM-5:50) [/ul]
[/li]
For recovery I did:

Recovery [ul]
[li] 11:45- Contrast Shower (1 Min. Cold/3 Min. Hot- 4 Cold Cycles, 3 Hot Cycles)
[/li][li]11:00- Cold Shower (5 Min.) [/ul]
[/li]
My diet was decent:

Diet [ul]
[li] 10:00 AM- Bowl of Fruit Harvest Cereal, Apple, Bacon, Fruit Energy Bar
[/li][li] 12:25 PM- Big Plate of Salmon, Yogurt, Balance Bar
[/li][li] 4:15 PM- Smoothie (1/2 Cup Strawberries, 1 banana, 1 Cup yogurt, 2 Scoops of Protein)
[/li][li] 6:00 PM- Hamburger Mix
[/li][li] 10:00 PM- Smoothie (1/2 Cup Strawberries, 1/2 Cup Pineapples, 1 Cup Yogurt, 2 Scoops Protein)
[/li][li] 1:00 AM- Cheese [/ul]
[/li]
Notes [ul]
[li] The 2 on 2 games were alright. I didn’t really have any competition, but that’s how it usually is at that gym.
[/li][li] The 5:50 mile felt pretty easy.
[/li][*] My diet was alright. I wanted more then Cheese for the last meal, but couldn’t find anything I wanted. [/ul]

Day 13- Saturday, June 3, 2006

Today went pretty well. I Got most of what I wanted accomplished. I also watched 3 hours of Track & Field :smiley: From 4-5 I watched the Bislett Games and then from 5-7 I watched the New York Grand Prix. Besides watching TV I did:

1:15- Basketball [ul]
[li] 45 Min.-1 Hr. of Attacking the Basket & Pullup Jumpers
[/li][li] 45 Min.-1 Hr. of Spot Shooting [/ul]
[/li]
7:30- Tempo [ul]
[li] Mile Run (Medium-6:46)
[/li][li] 2x10x100m in 16-17 sec. with 30 sec. between reps & 3 Min. between sets
[/li][li] Mile Run (Medium-6:52) [/ul]
[/li]
My diet looked like:

Diet [ul]
[li] 9:45 AM- Eggs, Bacon, Toast
[/li][li] 12:00 Noon- Pork Chops, Potatoes, Yogurt
[/li][li] 3:30 PM- Fruit Energy bar, Balance Bar
[/li][li] 5:00 PM- Hamburger Helper Thing with Chips, Can of Mix Fruit
[/li][li] 9:00 PM- Smoothie
[/li][li] 12:15 PM- PB Sandwich [/ul]
[/li]
I didn’t do much for recovery:

Recovery [ul]
[li] Hot Bath (Somewhere between 100-110 degrees for 10-15 Minutes) [/ul]
[/li]
Notes [ul]
[li] Good Basketball session eventhough my shot was a little off.
[/li][li] The tempo session was fun.
[/li][li] I feel pretty good about my diet.
[/li][*] I should’ve done more for recovery since my legs were still pretty sore. [/ul]