fatloss and speed

you’re dropping weight but not your body fat and your strenght level are improving?
i don’t know how you do it, i think you’re eating “different”. my explication is that your body when was leaner was in Starving state!

in your life you were fat for a long of time?
can you say how you measure the fat?

in general, i want to heard what think CF or other of this, but in general, for a “normal” person is possible to have a poor Bf for the performance. Read “elite BF level for male athletes”
and something of “leptin, hormonas and performance”

Those posts made little sense, but I understand what you are trying to get across.

Yes, if you are starving, you will not perform optimally, but that has little to do with reaching rather average bodyfat levels for an athlete (ie 10%) and maintaining them while improving performance. Cyclical dieting is used as a way to help avoid the issues with leptin and various hormones–they will still exist, but cyclical dieting (with refeeds and the like) help with this a lot.

In general as well, you should do you dieting before your comp period. When you have competitions and your most stressful training from an intensity standpoint, you can’t be starving yourself (at least, no daily) if you want to recover optimally. This is why doing hefty GPPs and a lot of low intensity work can be very beneficial.

understandable, my comp period doesnt really hit off until april. however there are some indoor races i might want to do in feb, dont know now since the diet and all this stagnant performance.

yes, i agree whit you in general, but:

10% is not a low BF (normal people have 12-15%) athlete 5-10%, so is a normal/high level of BF.
i want to say that when you reach a low BF (or lowering from a very high to normal), if the body isn’t accostumed to it, react lowering Leptin, sexual hormonas, GF and so on.
And it affect the performance, because the simpatic nervous sistem decrease, the contraction of muscle is less strong, and so on.

the ciclical diet can help to mantain a relative high “hormonal status” but can do this work if BF is too low. or not?

in the last sentence you mean (i don’t understand very well) that a diet must be done far from a competition, so in GPP, when the intensity is still low?
or that gpp whit a lot of low intensity work can help whit lowering Bf whitout dieting

Senri, who created this thread and flyingduck, are not 5%. They are having trouble maintaining relatively high bf %s for athletes, so I was addressing that. Obviously you cannot maintain very very very low bodyfat %s normally or naturally for extended periods of time with optimal performance–that’s a given, but most people never even approach reaching that limit anyway. Cyclical dieting will help them get as low as they can while maintaining performance for the most part (huge variance here).

right, now i understand!
it must be seen even the “normal BF” or the BF they had for a lot of time.
now I think to have the opposite problem…whit this volume of work, and a diet whit a lot of fruit, vegetables, and protein, is relatively easy to keep low BF.
try to change the diet, before you drop calorie

its been 5 weeks, i might have to cut it and go into maintenance, trouble sleeping and i’m so freaking cold. I might stick under maintenance for 2 weeks.

seem to be a high stress and lower hormonas (sleep trouble and sensation of cold).