FatboyJim's PR Journal

Started an actual training log on a different forum.

OL technique seems to be coming on alright. Looking forward to competing.

My gains have slowed down dramatically now, not seeing big jumps in the squats week to week. I’m going to eat better (more protein) and include BCAAs and other supplements because this might be a problem. My workouts are taking 3 hours or longer so I am concerned that I might be breaking down muscle as a result. Hopefully the changes in my supps will help. I will post a sample of a day of everything I eat and drink soon.

I’m going to test maxes at most every two weeks now, shooting for a 2.5kg increase, because I will be happy with and increase of 5kg a month up to 10kg on squats consistently from now on. I can’t really test the OLs as I have only been training them from the hang, and only little pracice on the jerk so far (poor, inconsistent as a result) although I would like to test them at the end of this month to see what progress I’ve made.

April 25th: Weight ?

Max Bench: 132.5
Jerk: 100

Forget what I said about the jerk, today it was much much better, so I decided to go for a good legit jerk with no pressout unlike last time with 100 - no problem.

Starting to supplement extra 80g protein a day from now on to see if that helps, including some pre/during workout. Watch out :wink:

April 30th: Weight 114kg

Decided to do some lifts from the floor as my training lifts are improving (hang versions)

Clean & Jerk: 110
Clean: 115
Snatch: 80

Squats are not improving but they are not a priority at the moment.

May 18th:

Bench 135 easier than last max.

Last week also cleaned 115 for a triple and snatched 80 for a double (not too hard).

But end of last week a nagging injury I had for a couple of weeks around my ribs (from missing a jerk behind) got a lot worse so I have to take a couple of weeks off from anything except upper body. :frowning:

May 27th:

Snatch: 85
Clean & Jerk:115
Clean: 125

Alright considering I had last week off training apart from one bench session.