Extreme fitness

Even then, those aren’t 500lb powercleans. 500lb powercleans aren’t common for anybody but the upper echelon of super heavyweights.

I believe Casey’s pr is 215 kilos in the clean and jerk. They’re obviously rounding up a bit. I can’t imagine there being that big of a difference between his clean (especially power clean) and c+j.

Agreed and I was not suggesting that Casey’s performances somehow legitmized their claims. It’s funny when people make ridiculous claims and don’t believe anyone will question some of the specifics.

I guess they make their money from the thousands of people who just accept such nonsense.

I thought of him being the guy or one of the guys(?) that they were claiming could do a 500 lb. pc and I could not think of many who would even be in that ballpark. Then again, 500 lbs., 400 lbs., etc. it’s all the same :wink: . What do we, the gullible public they are hoping to appeal to, know?

There is a big difference between ‘an elite athlete’ and someone who does some weird mix of (stupid, in this case) stuff that nobody else does, who then claims that because nobody else can get RSI faster than they can they must be world beaters.

If you take a genuine elite athlete, they will probably be at least competent (i.e. well above Joe Public) in a lot of disciplines related to the one(s) they actually compete in. You’d expect a top sprinter to be able to lay down reasonable times in all the track events, probably they would be decent on a pushbike in sprints, et cetera.

If you look at the crossfit people, then as soon as they start doing things that other people do their results show them up. They claim good power endurance, for example - but you look at their rowing machine scores and you see results that would be embarrassing to a 15 year old.

I agree completely, Pete (btw, I love pistol pete maravich). The fact that they cross-train so much limits any expression of “ELITE”. Fit, yes; elite, absolutely not!