Expired Protein Use

I was wondering if someone can shed some light on the topic of consuming expired protein. Specifically, I would like to know if there is a grace period of allowable usage time where there is little to no degrading effects/efficacy of protein potency.

I assume its healthy (meaning it won’t harm you) to continue to take it after its expired timeline, but I imagine its potency diminishes over time, as any vitamin or prescription medication would, but what is that threshold? and what diminished capacity does it have? for example, its 90% effective if its 2 months expired, then 80% if 3 months, etc etc. if it goes past a certain %age is it worth taking anymore?

Any advice? Cheers!

I would imagine it’s fine especially within a few months of expiration. If it’s expired, the effect may be that your body may get 24g of protein vs the 25g contained in a new batch. I don’t know of an valid ‘degradation timeline’ though. Isn’t there an online store that deals in expired supplements for low low prices?

I have seen ppl using it even 2yrs after it expired. Nothing happened to them. As long as it is stored in a dry and dark place how harmful could it be?

Yes, i found several bottles of supplement tabs which i had completly forgotten about.

Took them without any probs

I would like to know if there is a grace period of allowable usage time where there is little to no degrading effects/efficacy of protein potency.

Usually It’s at least 6 months