European Speed Conference 8-9 November2014

Hi

Looks like another European Speed Conference is coming up.
Program with details below:

Saturday 8 November 2014

10.00 Welcome

10.05 KEYNOTE: Loren Seagrave - Multi Direction activities & acceleration

11.05 Coffee Break

11.30 Workshop 1
Presenter A: Alex Wolf - Conditioning the hips and lower limb for speed
Presenter B: Lloyd Cowan – The development and achievements of Christine Ohuruogu
Presenter C: John Kiely - Coordination – the most important athletic capacity?

12.45 Lunch

13.45 Workshop 2
Presenter D: Steve Fudge – How much Speed, How much strength for sprinters?
Presenter E: Benke Blomkvist – Functional Conditioning of a hurdler
Presenter F: Alan St Clair-Gibson - Is Central Nervous Fatigue in speed athletes fact or fiction?

15.00 Coffee Break

15.30 Workshop 3
Presenter G: Dr. Kirsten Albracht - Tendons – Achilles heel of the speed athlete?
Presenter H: Malcolm Arnold - Colin Jackson: building a world record holder
Presenter I: Prof Per Aagaard – Eccentric Training for Speed development

17.00 – 18.00 KEYNOTE: Tony Hadley – Long term development of a 400m runner

Evening Meal 7.30 for 20.00

Sunday 9 November 2014

9.00 Welcome

9.05 KEYNOTE: John Kiely - Targeted Strength Training – blending tradition and science to optimize speed

10.15 Workshop 4
Presenter A: Loren Seagrave - 400m, speed or endurance?
Presenter B: Clarence Callender – The building blocks for the younger speed athlete
Presenter C: Prof Per Aagaard/Dr Kirsten Albracht – Training interventions for the younger athlete

11.30 Coffee Break

12.00 Workshop 5
Presenter D: Benke Blomkvist - Where does hurdling rhythm fit in a training year?
Presenter E: Jonas Tawiah Dodoo – Acceleration mechanics and physical preparation in developing athletes
Presenter F: Prof Alan St Clair Gibson - Is Central Nervous Fatigue in speed athletes fact or fiction?

13.15 Lunch

14.00 Workshop 6
Presenter G: Malcolm Arnold - The training requirements of a 400m Hurdler
Presenter H: Alex Wolf - Conditioning the hips and lower limb for speed
Presenter I: Steve Fudge – How much Speed, How much strength for sprinters?

15.00 Coffee Break

15.30 KEYNOTE: Loren Seagrave- Practical Planning for Speed Coaches

16.30 Conclusion & Finish

regards
wermouth

Thanks for posting. I would love to go to this, I just don’t think it’s feasible as a weekend trip from Canada. Are you going?

There is a Canadian speed conference coming up November 14 to 16 here in Toronto. Hopefully lots of CF members can make it!

I might go, the issue is that as you can see from the layout of the program that there are going to be three presentations at the same time. So to those one who are going little advice, choose wisely.

Last time I went to Second European Sprint and Hurdles Conference layout was similar. Time dedicated to the presentations wasn’t long enough so no time for Q&A, sucks, and if presenters/coaches started to answer the questions they couldn’t finish their presentations because lack of time, I left bit disappointed.
The good thing was that I was able to grab couple of coaches for a coffee and had a several ours chatting about their experiences, ideas, philosophy etc… I was quite lucky, lol.

I think there is pretty good International conference coming up, it is going to be held in Italy. I’ll post more info sometimes soon.