ems

can anyone tell me when ems max strength and other lower body strength lifts should be added into a hamstring rehab program? this is what i have so far.

first 72hrs
Rest/ice/wrapped/elevation:
Ems 3-4 times per day above site
Stay off feet
advil

Day 4:
Ems on site once per day
Ems above site 4 times per day
High int on other body parts (lower back, gluts, quad, uninjured hammy)
Self Massage after 3 days, Stretching, Release of Muscular tension at insertions and other muscles e.g. Hip flexors
Start one leg drills raising the healthy leg
Advil

Day 5: depending on recover
drills
10m accels easy
2-3x10x10
Advil

What degree of ham injury?

Very minor, grade 1 if that. it feel tons better this morning, yesterday i ems + ice four times and advil.

OK that should be fine.

so when do u think i should add ems max strength and squats etc back into program, is the plan below not aggressive enough?

first 3 days:
Rest/ice/wrapped/elevation:
Ems 3-4 times per day above site
Stay off feet
advil

days 4-5-6-7:
Ems on site once per day
Ems above site 4 times per day
High int on other body parts (lower back, gluts, quad, left hammy)
Self Massage after 3 days, Stretching, Release of Muscular tension at insertions and other muscles e.g. Hip flexors
Start one leg drills raising the healthy leg
Advil

Days 8-14:
Cont above and add activities:
Speed work half -¾ speed
Work on balance
Intro backwards running
Work on acc/deceleration half-3/4 speed
Progress to plyos
Strength work squats and ems

Days 15-21:
Cont and add
more of same but pick up pace on runs

You can do a FEW max EMS quad/glut/ erector spinae sessions after day 3 or 4 if you wish, but, as it’s a minor strain, I wouldn’t make any major changes to your normal training schedule which might make it take longer to resume your normal training. A few sessions won’t cause any real disruption.

Ok thats what I have plan - ems on other lower body parts on day 4, but you are saying that i need to try and stick to my normal training program which includes heavy squats, cleans and about 400m of speed work? Im so upset now because my first meet is approaching and I really needed these last weeks of training.

The lower body EMS will replace the weights for this short period and I’d expect no losses in strength so don’t sweat too much.

so which day would start max ems on the injured hamstring?

also how do resume the athlete speed training after the injury, i know i wouldnt jump back into 60’s etc?

i would start it on day 5 or 6, and your first running workout should be a tempo day then follow with some low volume starts out to 30m 85-90% range.

would you do this every other day or every day?

hey cf what do you think the problem is, everytime i do ems on my lower back and gluts i dont even feel anything, but on my hamstring and quads i do. it hasnt always been like this, is it the machine or what?

CF im coming off a grade one hamstring injury and is on day 11 in my rehab, on day 8 i started back running and was able to do 2 tempo days thur and sat and one speed day on thur which was sprints from 10-30m and 2reps of 50m acc 20/maintain 30. my question is when can i start back during max speed work and longer sprints 60-70 range? Thanks