ems and intrinsic foot musculatre

I remember reading a while back that charlie used ems on the feet to prepare them for greater force.

has anyone had any experience using ems for arch activation? i’m particularly thinking of the transverse arch via abductor digiti minimi

does anyone have a better suggestion?

any advised dosages or products?

love to hear your thoughts

I don’t think CF used EMS on the feet, but i might be wrong. I would have look it up but using the device on the feet maybe contraindicated due to the nerve endings in the feet.

Yes, you are wrong. He mention it in CFTS.

Were did he mention it ? In writing ?

This was posted by Ange in 2012

The back of the " Charlie Francis Training System" is an entire chapter Charlie wrote via the interview he had with Paul Patterson for the Coaching Association of Canada Project pre 1988. Charlie never was interested in this manual which was something he never had time to do but decided differently post 1988 of September.
In the manual Charlie discusses the use of EMS in sport, Immediate Post Injury Applications of EMS, Why EMS - Training of Speed is interesting ( ie = ems preferentially contracts white fibre before red …, which is opposite the natural recruitment order of the body…, Charlie goes on to talk about EMS in training Hamstrings/ Ankle and Abdominal Strength and discusses Planning and Periodization of EMS into a Modern Training Program.

Anyone wanting to use EMS for feet might also be interested in this section as he talks about stepping on the pads while in use as to prevent cramping.

for sure Sharm

you need ems anywayssssssszzzzzzzzzz

whoops. don’t. you don’t need ems

#cheapisgood

[QUOTE=DMA;260859]This was posted by Ange in 2012

The back of the " Charlie Francis Training System" is an entire chapter Charlie wrote via the interview he had with Paul Patterson for the Coaching Association of Canada Project pre 1988. Charlie never was interested in this manual which was something he never had time to do but decided differently post 1988 of September.
In the manual Charlie discusses the use of EMS in sport, Immediate Post Injury Applications of EMS, Why EMS - Training of Speed is interesting ( ie = ems preferentially contracts white fibre before red …, which is opposite the natural recruitment order of the body…, Charlie goes on to talk about EMS in training Hamstrings/ Ankle and Abdominal Strength and discusses Planning and Periodization of EMS into a Modern Training Program.

Anyone wanting to use EMS for feet might also be interested in this section as he talks about stepping on the pads while in use as to prevent cramping.[/QUOTE
[b]
DMA

Thank you.

Angé[/b]

EMS is fantastic no question about it.

for most people including coaches and athlete’s doing some very simple things can be helpful as it pertains to foot and general recovery.

DON’t STOP ASKING yourself questions.

Why might I not be healing?

Why are my feet a problem?

Stop relying on others to fix you.

Others are “other”. They are not you and you are the only person with a vested interest in you and your issues. OWN it.

Mike Forgraves was awesome as he was a track guy with serious accomplishments and also married a track person Syivia who I ran against a few times and was coaches out of Kitchener Waterloo track club. Mike could and would help us see how the foot worked and explain the many parts of the foot.

Do you need to be a foot doctor to understand that sprinting has different demands on your feet than someone who does not sprint?

If we are lucky, we will have our feet for a long, long time. Our feet are and our hands are, the furthest away from the heart which controls the blood flow of the entire body. NO. All organs are important in the entire body, and which organ is the largest organ in the entire body?

SKIN / What does your skin look like? is it tight and strong or is it see through and looking frail?

Our modern society obsession with organs without considering the entirety of human experience…The ancient cultures must look at many of the north Americans and our lack of traditions and culture and become exasperated.

What I have been doing for issues to do with my issues.

Fill up a giant tub of water from my outdoor hose and submerge my feet up to as far as I am able to with as cold of water as I am able. Previous to this, I have taken an extended bath and or shower but usually both and usually I am hot on purpose. I am mindful to not over do the cold as I have a tendency to have too much activity in my brain. Too much activity can be an issue so for me that balance needs management from experience.

I have protruding bunion’s x both feet and maybe that is from wearing terrible shoes at that waitressing job prior to going to Uni or maybe not. I manage my feet effectively via how I train as well and that is important to note.

YOU, me or anyone can’t just do what ever we want to our body and mind and expect just because we want or need. Seems obvious but most do it this way. Why? Maybe because we have or many of us have become disconnected from each other and nature. Just one idea.