Ebooks or Print Editions?

Hi Members

Which do you like best?

I like material books. More value.

depends on what it’s about, but usually prints…

my bookshelves look better!
:slight_smile:

For an all inclusive manual (Charlie’s Magnum Opus) I would like it in print because it looks more official and I think you could get greater publicity and a wider audience in the track world.

Perhaps even pubish it through a major publisher to ensure all the University Library’s get a copy! Sure the profits will be less than through direct marketing but think of all the people who will be exposed to your writing through Amazon etc. This in turn leads to more sales through the site and a better educated track community. Plus you get at least £10,000 advance and possibly publish it in multiple languages…

For things like the forum review etc E-book is better because:

a) I can search PDFs to look for key phrases
b) You don’t have to wait 4 weeks to get it shipped to Europe or pay for shipping.
c) Lower capital outlay = more profit.
d) I don’t have to buy more shelving.
e) I won’t leave it at the track!

Just my 2 cents.

No doubt - e-books.

def. print additions. I cant stand reading entire books online. I always go print them out which cost 20$ plus the proce of the ebook which probably costs as much as a hard copy would.

I have to highlight and make notes in the margins, so I would have to go with QUICK on this one. The e-books cost too much to print out.

Print editions by far. Btw are speed trap/cfts available in print now?

At this time we dont have CFTS/Speed Trap in print. We do however have the new forum review book due out shortly, long overdue it was slated to be the second edition after forum review 2002.

This exciting new print manual is coming very close to being released to the public. We are pleased to announce that we are accepting pre-orders (which I think you should consider since these will be produced in extreamly limited quantities and will be subject to availabilty).

Email “info@charliefrancis.com” for more information or state your interest by Private Message.

Rupert

Why not just offer both ebook and print editions. If you are going to pay up front for print books you have nothing to loose by offering ebook versions for those who prefer this format perhaps you could offer a $5 discount or something?

hi TC

We will continue to make materials available in e-format (pdf, image file etc). Ebooks have alot of potential.

That being said, our new manual is close to shipping. To answer previous questions on it, it is NOT the same book as Forum Review 2002. This book is in print and features a tonne of content we didnt cover (read: didnt have time to get sorted out!). If you have questions about this book you may post them in our presales thread in Customer Support.

Enjoy!

http://www.charliefrancis.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=28

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com