Dwight Phillips, Is it just me?

This would be nice but I doubt we can get accurate data. For example, I see sites where Dwain Chambers is 83kg. He looked heavier at times… but I guess that’s what everyone is saying about most of the athletes discussed in this thread.

None of these dudes are “huge” like is alluded to on here. Huge is Christian Cantwell or Ronnie Coleman. 87kg is not huge to me. Point is there is no one that is 100kg that is killing people in the jumps and sprints.

The numbers usually provided by the USATF or other organizations in regards to the weight of various athletes are 99% of the time underestimates. How many elite level sprinters and jumpers can anyone recall actually losing weight throughout their professional careers? When I met Shawn Crawford we were both in our speed suits lining up for the 4x100 and he looked to be just over 200.

Most elite sprinters will gain muscle over there careers. When I spoke to Gatlin (in person) he was around 180. He has put on much more muscle now (5-7lbs). I believe that most sprinters are much larger coming into the season due to whats being done in the weight room and supplementation. As the focus in the weight room and supplementation shifts, the athletes bodies get rid of whatever is not needed.

I’m still working on getting some of the information about Gatlin’s workouts in the weight room on this site. Some things will be left out…but its better than nothing.

greene is over 180 all the way, so is gatlin , Carter is approching 200 on LSU football roster (usually more accurate,football rosters in fact vary each yaer on the weight)even fredericks was 72kilos at the beginning of his career when he was really thin, IN 96 he was way more muscular in his upperbody…so is "biggest legs ever"andre cason…Let’s have alook at those guys…usatf are way out of date

Two points on ‘estimation’ or guessing size.

1. You are seeing them in most cases beside athletes of similar body composition.
  2. People with low bosy fat always look/appear stronger, more muscular and therefore heavier than reality.

I agree, you can’t tell someones weight just by looking at them. A difference of 20 lbs. would be very easy to mistake depending on muscle density.

Well apparently this subject is dead, by popular opinion here instead of going by any numbers actually posted (however accurate they may be) on these people we should just get pictures from their races and have people say how much they feel the people way.

Maybe we can get one of the weight guessers from the fair.

Back when my body fat was exteremly low (in the 3% range) I had more than a few lifters who were around my body size state that they thought I weighed about 30 lbs more than I actually do.

And still at around 5-7% now people still overestimate my weight by between 15-20lbs.

Your right if you’ve never studied the human body before. I’ve worked in the Fitness industry for over 6 years and graduated from a private college that has the best Exercise Science program in the U.S. . I know what to look for.

Was this over looked?

"Most elite sprinters will gain muscle over there careers. When I spoke to Gatlin (in person) he was around 180. He has put on much more muscle now (5-7lbs). I believe that most sprinters are much larger coming into the season due to whats being done in the weight room and supplementation. As the focus in the weight room and supplementation shifts, the athletes bodies get rid of whatever is not needed. "

Forget about weight in the offseason, lets try to get accurate weights during their PR’S. That will take it a step further.

and add their BMIs too?

the xman is massive, i saw him at some meets this year walking around and he is alot bigger than 170

200 in a good estimate, hes prolly 190 now tho (slimming down from fb)

Long Jump

8.95 Powell
8.90 Beamon
8.86 Emmiyan
8.79 Lewis
8.74 Myricks

Triple Jump

18.29 Edwards
18.09 Harrison
17.97 Banks
17.92 Markov
17.92 Beckford

There you go for the jumpers, God knows someone else can find height and weight.

Then why are the best standing broad jumpers 300lb lineman/shotputters?

Because at least for shotputters that’s their “event”, I guess. No idea what a lineman is… :o :slight_smile:

These guys don’t look too bulky:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybEs3j_MmrA

These guys don’t look too bulky:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybEs3j_MmrA

I think Carl’s mythical 30 footer WR was mythically broken in 1995:D (glad it only took me 13 years to find this:rolleyes: )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuXo462wwbo vs http://youtube.com/watch?v=FYZcVN-R3pg

holy shit. that so far. was that at altitude?

oh

my

god

Thank you very much for posting this!

how about Oba’s 9.69? i could not find it.