dwain chambers 6.42

today dwain smashed his pb and the european record over 60m im the semi final of the european championships. Looking easy and easing off dwain cruised through. Surely the world record is now on for the final tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxidHmRnUc4

I don’t think he’ll get the WR tomorrow. The easing off didn’t cost him much at all. His run looked terrific and I don’t think he’s got any more speed in him than his first 55m there. I don’t question that he can run a 9.85 anymore :).

there was a false start to begin with, i dont think he got out at his best over the first 5m. He looked brilliant from 10 to 50

Dont get too happy…

Looked good- full effort, I’d say but you never know how his taper is set. Clearly, he’s already dropped a bunch from his earlier meets. Good results for GB- 3 in the final.

His reaction time was .141, which was the fastest in the field (including the other semi-final) and by no means slow. I don’t think the false start held him back here.

http://www.sportresult.com/sports/la/framework/user_files/2009/torino/pdf/re2070063.pdf

TURIN, Italy, March 7 AFP - Dope-tainted Dwain Chambers set a new European 60m record at the European indoor championships on Saturday when he won his semi-final in a time of 6.42sec.

Chambers, who missed the Olympic Games despite having served out a two-year drugs ban, improved the previous European best of 6.45sec set by France’s Ronald Pognon in Karlsruhe in 2005.

The British sprinter also clocked the third best time over the distance in history, behind America’s Maurice Greene, the world record holder, who ran 6.39sec and Andre Cason, 6.41sec.

This winter, he had already set a season-best mark of 6.51sec, equalling the time of America’s Michael Rodgers and he will be the overwhelming favourite in Sunday’s final.

Chambers, who served a two-year ban for taking the ‘designer’ steroid THG in 2003, came into the championships here having made fresh allegations against fellow athletes and authorities in his new autobiography, ``Race Against Me’’.

In the book, the 30-year-old admits he was a walking junkie'' who took more than 300 different concoctions’’ of performance-enhancing drugs.
John Regis, himself a former British sprinter and Chambers’ one-time agent, has threatened to sue over allegations in the book that he knew about Chambers’ drugs use before it spectacularly came to light in 2003.
Chambers has denied his book is purely a money-making exercise amid reports he made 50,000 pounds from the serialisation.
UK Athletics have said they are keeping a watching brief regarding Chambers’ allegations.
Meanwhile, he remains severely restricted in the number of events he can compete in because of the zero-tolerance anti-doping policy of the EuroMeets Consortium which organises many meetings.
However, provided he maintains form and fitness, Chambers could well be selected for the World Championships in Berlin in August.

If he can shave 0.01 off his reaction and 0.01 off the last 4/5m he only needs to find .01 to equal the record.

Perhaps having just one race today might make it possible? Personally, I like Dwain and would love to see it happen.

Chambers wins the final in 6.46.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2009/03/08/sports/ATH-European-Indoors.php

Chambers takes 60-meter gold at indoor Euros
The Associated Press
Published: March 8, 2009

TURIN, Italy: Dwain Chambers clocked 6.46 seconds to win the 60 meters at the European indoor championships Sunday for his first international title since coming back from a doping suspension.

Chambers led from the start and was never threatened during the race, but failed to match his European indoor record of 6.42 that he set in Saturday’s semifinals. Italian duo Fabio Cerutti and Emanuele Di Gregorio finished second and third.

“I’m very pleased. I’ve been working very hard for this,” Chambers said. “I was only thinking about winning the gold medal. It was either the gold medal or the record. My legs were caned (tired) from yesterday and I was just running on fumes.”

Chambers is trying to rebuild his career after a two-year ban for a positive THG test in 2003. The 30-year-old Chambers was selected to run the 60 after twice equaling the fastest time in the world this year at the British trials.

“This medal is very rewarding,” he said. “I focused hard on this race and the troubled years made me hungry and focused. I’ve got through the difficult years, but I am now looking forward to a brighter future.”

There was a nervous wait for the athletes as they waited for the silver and bronze medalists to be announced. Cerutti took the silver on a photo finish after both recorded 6.56, which was a personal best for Di Gregorio.

Simeon Williamson of Great Britain was fourth despite a sluggish start, finishing in 6.57.

http://www.sportresult.com/sports/la/framework/user_files/2009/torino/pdf/re2070040.pdf

1 CHAMBERS Dwain GBR 5 APR 1978 3 0.149 6.46
2 CERUTTI Fabio ITA 26 SEP 1985 6 0.149 6.56
3 DI GREGORIO Emanuele ITA 13 DEC 1980 4 0.139 6.56 PB
4 WILLIAMSON Simeon GBR 16 JAN 1986 5 0.164 F1 6.57
5 PICKERING Craig GBR 16 OCT 1986 7 0.173 6.61
6 KUC Dariusz POL 24 APR 1986 8 0.173 6.62
7 GULIYEV Ramil AZE 29 MAY 1990 1 0.156 6.67
8 MOSELEY Ryan AUT 8 OCT 1982 2 0.139 6.69

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VtwdsSV18M

notice how in that video everyone in the screen “loads up” while in the set position.

Funny you should mention that- I was just about to get into it. The German girl with the best time going in came up very high in the set and began to sink down and back (loading up) and she just got killed at the start. While she was prob ready to better her 7.17pb, she ended up with 7.22 and third. The amount she lost at the start and the panicked form at the end indicated a probable capacity of 7.14 or a little better to my eyes.
Now for the recent theory of matching strides with Usain Bolt, how did that work out for Williamson? He began overstriding, trying to make a move mid-race and faultered, ending up fourth.

chambers’ acceleration is outstanding. he maintains aggressive shin angles much longer than his competitors.

[Here](http://uploading.com/files/XQHK9O8W/Dwain Chambers Eurpean Record.mp4.html) is the best quality video I could record, it was 126mb on the DVD, but I got it down to 23mb at the same quality to the casual eye, its .mp4 (x264/aac), so you need either ffdshow or mpc - home cinema to play it, from here, or VLC Player. If anyone needs it in .avi fromat (xvid/mp3) then I’ll post one (but it won’t look as good).

Yes it would be great if you could provide .avi format thanks

can you give the 126 mb avi?

[Here](http://uploading.com/files/3G6GRIGA/Dwain Chambers 60m ER.mpg.html) ya go. I cut the interview off the end of the MPEG so the file is under 100mb, and left it with the extra lines of resolution and interlaced because I think someone on this forum uses dartfish so might need all the frames if they want to analyse it, anyway it’ll play back deinterlaced in most media players.

Does anybody know who is coaching Dwain now? He claims to be self coached, but keeps mentioning “we” in his interviews suggesting someone else is involved.

not sure about now but last yeah he trained occasionaly with simeon. Oh just to rouse more conversation what are peoples thoughts on his claim about challenging bolt