drills??

Can you become a scientist by repeatedly doing the times tables? Drills almost always are in the warm-up so high speed drills almost always lead to injuries.
I was at a seminar where several attendees complained of being injured during the one and a half hour warm-up recommended in this program. So I guess you need to warm up before you warm up. And then you’re supposed to work out?? (Maybe that’s why drills do more for speed in that program than what comes later)
Well, you get the idea.

In Europe the tendency seems to be that the more drills you know the more clever coach you are. People also see an opposition between technique and strength, the athletes judge as “technique” beeing more clever than the “strength” ones - the cliché is you use your brain for technique and use muscles for strength.
This results to an incredible time spent on the track doing dozens of drills (or poor attempt to imitate what show the coach) and a poor translation when the sprint workout starts.

I had pleasant time watching Speed Dynamics tapes, however i use nothing of what i saw for fear of hurting athletes.

that’s so true! and so sad…