Dr Anatoliy Bondarchuk

Dr Anatoliy
Bondarchuk “Transfer Training in Sport”

Anyone read this? Comments? Thanks

It’s interesting if nothing else. Contains a lot of tables listing correlation of different exercises to different events at different ability levels. The DVDs are pretty good but very long and tedious to watch due to all the Yessis translations.

Spur

I have this text, and I think it is a must read…

That being said, remember that Bondarchuck’s book is geared towards the training of the truly elite level athlete.
Yes, there’s a few things I can pick from it to use, but how many of us are really dealing with world champion level athletes?

Yes, what you say makes a lot of sense, I know coaches who forget this fact, get confused and try to ‘kill as many birds with one stone’ ( not a good thing) and quote from the most advanced training texts. Not the best approach for the long term development of an athlete especially teens I think.

Devils,

Do you know, are there some other books written by Bondarchuk? Do you know any title?
The only one book available on the net is Transfer of training, nothing else.
Here is one manual or whatever it is, but on Russian - the title sounds interesting.
http://www.iaaf-rdc.ru/eng/docs/book/Anatoly_Bondarchuk.html

I red somewhere that he wrote Track and field training, published before 1990 but not available anywhere. And on one site, i red that he published 11 books. Any info?

Dr. Bondarchuk has many articles published in the Soviet Sport Reviews that are edited, published, and distributed by Dr. Yessis at www.dryessis.com

I have most of those articles, Thanks.
But tell me, if you know, are there some other books except Transfer of Training, written by prof. Bondarchuk??

Thank you!

I-333

As far as I know, there are no other books. However, James would be a better source for this information…

Thank you for the link. I have seen many of these articles, and I am fascinatined by them. One thing that strikes me about Bondarchuck, R. Roman, and Charlie is that these guys “walked the walk”. They were in the trenches training world class athletes, and have taken the time to share the knowledge!