Does juicing help sprinting?

Anyone here a juicer?

Not the you know banned type, but the juicing of fruits and vegetables?

Anyone notice any effects on performance?
Have any recipes?
Have anything at all to say on the subject?

I just bought one with part of my tax rebate and its been fun so far experimenting so far with different fruits and tastes, but thats about all the farther I have gotten. Thanks for any info.

Have no idea, let us know what results you get though!!

Juicing/making shakes was beneficial for me when I was trying to gain weight (easier to drink calories than chew) and also as a way of eating vegetables without chewing them (I hate vegetables).

We use at meets, as well as every practice. Athletes bring their own ingredients. Some of the better recipes, according to our athletes, have been the following:
[ul][li]pineapple, strawberries, peaches, oranges, lemons, papaya, sugar cane (beginning of practice week)[]beet, carrot, celery, cucumber, vanilla, nuts, sugar cane (2 consecutive days after meet)[]carrot, apple, lemon, orange (on meet day)
[/li]

[/ul]

While I don’t own a juicer, I use a blender every day.

Breakfast
banana, kiwi fruit, apple, pear, chocolate protein powder, water

post speed sessions then pre and post weights
banana, frozen berries, chocolate protein powder, dextrose, oats, milk and water.

One drawback I can see with juicing too much is the removal of fiber. Fruit juice is basically just sugar water with a smattering of micronutrients and not a substitute for eating whole fruits. Having said that, it’s probably a great way to creatively supplement your fruit and vegetable intake.

As far as being good for sprinting, good nutrition is good for sprinting and anything that makes it easier or more convenient will help.

Ive had great success with juicing and juice. Throw in some protein powder and some efa’s and you have yourself quite a drink.